Mazda5 Privacy Glass?

I am happy with the tint on my 5. Paid $250 for everything but the windshield. Alot of windows, so be sure to get a price quote over the phone before you show up in person and the tint guy counts the windows.(shocked)

Why does the Mazda5 not have an option for privacy glass? My wife wants to put the kybosh on this because of that. I told her I don't want the new CRV because of the lack of bluetooth but she doesn't care because it comes with privacy glass. Says it's better for the kids back there.

I think she's ruining your life lol. Get rid of your female and buy the Most amazing Mazda , the 5 :D. Really a BIG joke,(jacked) serious...

Privacy glass. I think this is justified when you are driving a minivan or a really big gas guzzler suvs to avoid the shame of being seen driving one.

MZ5, its passengers are not shy to be seen from outside.

you can buy tint at any automotive store. It's really cheap. All the people that cannot afford to have their car tinted, or think they can save money by tinting it themselves, go this route. 99% of those end up bubbling and/or turning purple from the sun.

A good tint job will cost between $200 and $300, and you won't even be able to tell it's not tinted glass.

I had mine tinted from B-Pillars back for $160 for ceramic carbon film with lifetime delam warranty (Get the good stuff and it won't bubble, peel, or turn purple)

I went with 20% light transmission as well.

Skyhawk, with kids you don't want the sun on them directly - gets too hot, when they get hot, they complain, which makes driving a lot less enjoyable.

I noticed the vehicle cools down a lot faster in the summer with the tint - I had no tint for about a month before I found a tint place with good prices and a good reputation.

Hint: If the name of the place is "Hollywood Sound" then tinting windows is probably not their primary business.

Any of the major chains (Ziebart, etc) will have lifetime warranty on fading, peeling, cracking, bubbling, etc.

One thing - I was warned by the installer NOT to use any ammonia based window cleaner.

we tinted our 5. Figured we needed it when we came out one afternoon and found a crayon melted all over the floor. Asked the dealer who they recommended and went with them. 2+ years later the tint still looks great. seems to help keep the car cooler and you can't tell its tint and not privacy glass. I tried tinting my house windows myself, I wouldn't even try tinting car windows.

we tinted our 5. Figured we needed it when we came out one afternoon and found a crayon melted all over the floor. Asked the dealer who they recommended and went with them. 2+ years later the tint still looks great. seems to help keep the car cooler and you can't tell its tint and not privacy glass. I tried tinting my house windows myself, I wouldn't even try tinting car windows.

I bought taillight tint and failed so miserably, I knew I could never tint anything and it would never be worth trying. I have too little patience.

One thing - I was warned by the installer NOT to use any ammonia based window cleaner.

second: NEVER attach toys, puppets, sunshields or something like that with suckers on the tinted windows. they littarely suck the film from the glass if it is too hot outside. that happened one day in may car and i was pretty pi$$ed to pay for new tinting on one window (argh)

If memory serves me correctly, privacy windows that come with the CRV is just colored glass and when broken, the glass will shatter and fly everywhere.

The tinted windows on the 5 will have a film on the inside of the window, so when broken, it will prevent the glass from flying everywhere.

I say the 5 is safer for the kiddies in the back.

Back