Mazda5: Prices paid and related questions

According to Edmunds.com, there's $1500 "cash to dealer" marketing support that went into effect on April 1st, good until May 3rd.

Edmunds.com shows that the True Market Value in the Portland, Oregon area is about $1000 under 'dealer invoice' for a 2010 Sport Auto, FWIW.

The US Mazda website is showing 0% financing + $500 cash back for April 1 'til May 3rd.

So, seems to be conflicting info, but of course the Mazda website isn't going to mention the $1500 to the dealer.

Anybody know which program is in effect? Anybody been to a dealer this month to see what they are offering?

Thanks.

Port Huron, MI
Sport/Black
Automatic
Only extra was the all weather floor mats
$18,900 (after rebates and taxes and fees) out the door w/9 miles on it
also i traded my 02 Protege5 and got $3100 for that twords the price.

Port Huron, MI
Sport/Black
Automatic
Only extra was the all weather floor mats
$18,900 (after rebates and taxes and fees) out the door w/9 miles on it
also i traded my 02 Protege5 and got $3100 for that twords the price.
Greetings,
Just curious - did you take them up on the 0% financing or have your own?

2010 Touring
Buffalo, NY (but the car had to be brought up from Hazleton, PA)
Stormy Blue Mica w/black interior
Remote start, wheel locks, homelink compass mirror, cargo net, bumper guard, all weather floor mats (Didn't really care about any of these, but it was the only blue one the dealer could get).
$21,320 + taxes and DMV fees
$0 down plus the $500 customer rebate, using Mazda's money for free and paying them off slowly over three years.

Had it 14 hours, love it so far. Will be getting the rear windows tinted, steel rims w/snow tires and a roof rack at some point. Certainly a much better choice than the Kia it replaced, and goes well with our 2009 3.

Year: 2010 (new vehicle)
Trim: GT (excludes leather and navi)
Tranny: Auto
Any extra accessories: Roof rack
Sale Tax Rate: 13%
Price you paid for your Mazda5(including tax, title, fees): $32339.43 CND

year: 2010 (new vehicle)
trim: Gt (excludes leather and navi)
tranny: Auto
any extra accessories: Roof rack
sale tax rate: 13%
price you paid for your mazda5(including tax, title, fees): $32339.43 cnd

oh my god!

Yeah, we didn't get any kind of deal on it. Sticker was $25495. 0% financing though and were paying around $215 bi-weekly for 5 years. 5G down payment. The 13% tax killed us here!!!

$16,800 (plus tax & tags) on a 2010 Sport manual with 0% financing and no down.

I could get it for $15,800 without the financing.

Purchased this car yesterday from a Ford dealership in Clearwater, FL:

2006 Touring - only 19k miles
Options: autotragic, factory nav
Mazda accessories: floormats, sunroof deflector, seat covers

$10,799 before tax, tag, etc
$12,300-ish out the door

Car is beautiful but needs a tiny bit of paint work on the driver side quarterpanel (prior owner scraped it against something). Other than that the car is beautiful.

Last edited:
Purchased this car yesterday from a Ford dealership in Clearwater, FL:

2006 Touring - only 19k miles
Options: autotragic, factory nav
Mazda accessories: floormats, sunroof deflector, seat covers

$10,799 before tax, tag, etc
$12,300-ish out the door

Car is beautiful but needs a tiny bit of paint work on the driver side quarterpanel (prior owner scraped it against something). Other than that the car is beautiful.

Sounds really nice. Welcome.

2010 Grand Touring; Galaxy Gray Mica, 25% window tint, no other options; $21,388.
Location; Bommarito Mazda St Peters (St Louis, MO)

Chief wiggum, please post a picture of your Mazda5. I'm curious to see how it looks with the 25% tint. Also, how much did they charge you for the tint?

Chief, is that $21,388 out the door pricing? What was your tax %?

no, not out the door; I've not paid taxes yet, because I bought in MO but will license it in IL; I have to wait for them to send me the title so I can go to the much hated DMV to transfer plates and then pay sales tax.

^Seriously? That's amazing!!! I don't know why we pay so much more for our cars here in Canada??? Our GT out the door was over $32K. 13% sales tax. sticker was $25,495.

$24,085 OTD here in San Diego, Ca for my 2010 touring with 100K extended warranty and gap insurance. before tax + other fees = $20,240.

Last edited:
Back