Mazda5: Prices paid and related questions

2009 GT Whitewater pearl
MSRP - $24,170 - with $200 pearl paint charge, $275 autodim/ homelink mirror, and $350 remote start
RTD tax - 1.2%
City tax - 3.75%
State tax - 2.9%
County tax - 8.25%
OTD price after $1000 factory rebate and a free Sirius radio instal to close the deal $19419.53
Location - gateway mazda, aurora, colorado

Last edited:
I tried using CarCostCanada to provide me invoice price and the lowest I got was $22,394 for the GT 5M, currently the dealer is offering for $23,995 - $500 factory cash rebate offer. Is there any other service that will provide dealer invoice price for BC?

Also I have to finance, I heard it's hard to talk down the price if we need to finance. Knowing that, I also know that I can simply walk away if I don't get the car for the price I want. I guess it all depends on how desperate the dealer is to make a sale?

I tried using CarCostCanada to provide me invoice price and the lowest I got was $22,394 for the GT 5M, currently the dealer is offering for $23,995 - $500 factory cash rebate offer. Is there any other service that will provide dealer invoice price for BC?

Also I have to finance, I heard it's hard to talk down the price if we need to finance. Knowing that, I also know that I can simply walk away if I don't get the car for the price I want. I guess it all depends on how desperate the dealer is to make a sale?

Dkatz, don't let them know if you will go for finance until you have the final price settled. That's what I did and it worked well for me.

I got my M5 GT auto back in late March for factory invoice + $25, which is CDN$24700, then - $750 factory cash rebate with 5 yr 0% financing. The condition is I had to pick one from what they had in stock.

So what price would I be looking at for:

2009 Mazda5 GT-Luxury
Auto trans
Remote starter
Winter rims
72 month/120K additional warranty

In Calgary, AB (no PST).

Really appreciated the info. on this thread. Just picked up my 2009 GT, 5 speed, with leather in white with the following accessories: bumper step plate, cargo liner, cargo cover, extra key, and all weather mats for $25,800 OTD. Bought in Saskatchewan (10% tax).

$25,800? Dude is that type-o? That's probably lower than cost. Or is that minus the $3,000 cash back too?

Last edited:
$25,800? Dude is that type-o? That's probably lower than cost. Or is that minus the $3,000 cash back too?

Yes...I did pay cash and that was an all in price. Word has it that the prairie dealers don't move much, so I wanted to offer a fair, but reasonable price. I didn't think I'd get it below invoice. Although I did have to ask my dealer for the $3000 incentive, they didn't just include it (uhm).

So far, I'm pretty happy with the car. Good luck landing yours.

Yes...I did pay cash and that was an all in price. Word has it that the prairie dealers don't move much, so I wanted to offer a fair, but reasonable price. I didn't think I'd get it below invoice. Although I did have to ask my dealer for the $3000 incentive, they didn't just include it (uhm).

So far, I'm pretty happy with the car. Good luck landing yours.

How much were the options worth? I got a quote on the weekend for a GT with luxury package OTR for $26019 (In southern Ontario 13%). The dealer put a discount of $2618 off the bottom line NOT $3000! They also offered $1650 discount off of msrp (before taxes). Are they just moving the numbers around.

Anybody now what the current offers are for the Mazda 5?

How much were the options worth? I got a quote on the weekend for a GT with luxury package OTR for $26019 (In southern Ontario 13%). The dealer put a discount of $2618 off the bottom line NOT $3000! They also offered $1650 discount off of msrp (before taxes). Are they just moving the numbers around.

Anybody now what the current offers are for the Mazda 5?

I haven't no idea about the luxury package. But for a GT AT the invoice price is $1681 below the MSRP, according to carcostcanada. Paying cash you get 3K factory rebate or $750 if go for financing.

So what price would I be looking at for:

2009 Mazda5 GT-Luxury
Auto trans
Remote starter
Winter rims
72 month/120K additional warranty

In Calgary, AB (no PST).

Not sure if it's too late now -- the dealer I talked to was willing to sell the 72/120k at 1050, though I went for 160k later for 1150.

I haven't no idea about the luxury package. But for a GT AT the invoice price is $1681 below the MSRP, according to carcostcanada. Paying cash you get 3K factory rebate or $750 if go for financing.

Mine was the GT with 5 speed, and luxury package msrp $25290

my final quote on a 5 GT with 5 speed and luxury package, cash pricing was $26100 with 1650 off msrp and $2618 off bottom line. (when I aqsked about $3000 off incentive, there was no response......) When I spoke about Car cost canada pricing....he said he would have to add about $400 to the price and I would have to pay CCC $50 for the service (smash) Go Figure!

Yah full price would've been just over $28,200. They were running the $3,000 cash incentive until June 30th. The numbers don't quite add up though, if they were really giving your that deal it should've been $23,760 OTD, or at the very least $24,135 if I do my standard cost + 3% - incentives.

I think the leather is worth about $1200 and the other options about $500-600 full price. I saw a post here/elsewhere for a Mazda 5 GT with leather that went for $25,078 all in (BC). (Probably best deal I've heard of). I used this as a reference. I think you could probably land a GT (no leather) for about $24Kish...but that's just MO.

Mazda 5 Grand Touring $20,099 US

Thanks to all for info while comparing/buying. Especially the double car seat photos. We have one forward, one back in middle, with room for 10-yr old in back.

Mazda 5 Grand Touring US price on 4/30, incentives haven't changed: $20,099
Copper red, all options at this trim level, no fancy mirror or nav system.

Dealer was apparently able to include an extra rebate not using the Mazda mfr. 2.9% financing. Got 4.5% rate through local bank, and total payments worked out better at lower price. Upset the manager who got all huffy when I didn't do non-Mazda financing through his finance dept. He even tried to write in a different price on trade but I threatened to walk out, and they did the deal. Never ever trust them.

E-mail text from dealer:
I have included a copy of the window sticker below for the vehicle you had requested and that I have priced out for you. If you decide to take the special APR through Mazda I can sell you this vehicle for $21,349, however, if you decide not to take the special APR I can sell you this vehicle for a much better price of $20,099.

Mazda 2009 MAZDA5 Grand Touring Window Sticker

2009MAZDA5 Grand Touring
MSRP: $ 23,345*
Trim: MAZDA5 Grand Touring
Trans: 5-Spd Auto
Engine: 153-hp 2.3L DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder
Exterior: COPPER RED MICA
Interior: SAND LEATHER

Last edited:
We were offered the following:

2009 Mazda GT-Luxury
Auto Trans
White Pearl Paint
Remote starter (including labour)
Hood deflector (including labour)
All weather floor mats
Cargo cover
Cargo Net
8 free oil changes
72/160 comprehensive warranty
Block heater, locking nuts, etching, etc.

Out the door for $31K with 0% financing or $28K cash.

Last edited:
Yah he paid cash. It sure works to anyone's advantage to pay cash.
Cash works against you. If you are paying cash, don’t mention it until you have negotiated a price in writing. If you get a loan the dealer gets all of the money up front, but if the dealer originates the loan they will add a small percentage onto the rate. May be a quarter percent, may be 1% or 2%, but they will add a little which adds to their overall profit. Dealers *love* to originate loans, they don’t like it when people pay cash.

… He even tried to write in a different price on trade but I threatened to walk out, and they did the deal…

Which brings me to another point, if you are posting the price paid, please mention if you have a trade-in. It is sort of an asterisk next to the price paid for the Mazda5 because the new car price was dependent on the trade-in value, when one goes up the other goes up. When one goes down the other goes down.

Paid $19100 USD for a new leftover 2008 Mazda 5 Grand Touring. No trade, we were coming out of a Honda lease. Flew to NYC and picked it up. Airfare and gas and we still did better then buying an 09 locally. Had only the floor mats, bumper guard and wheel locks as options. I might add the rearview mirror and Sirius at some point, maybe remote start for the wife. It is her car.

While shopping for an 09, I got the same thing that CopperRed above did. "If you take Mazda financing and the cash back, the best I can do is invoice price." "If you take financing through us, I can lower the price $2,000".

Last edited:
Cash works against you. If you are paying cash, don’t mention it until you have negotiated a price in writing. If you get a loan the dealer gets all of the money up front, but if the dealer originates the loan they will add a small percentage onto the rate. May be a quarter percent, may be 1% or 2%, but they will add a little which adds to their overall profit. Dealers *love* to originate loans, they don’t like it when people pay cash.

Which brings me to another point, if you are posting the price paid, please mention if you have a trade-in. It is sort of an asterisk next to the price paid for the Mazda5 because the new car price was dependent on the trade-in value, when one goes up the other goes up. When one goes down the other goes down.

I think the point to remember is that cash still gets a $3000 incentive and financing gets a $750 incentive in Canada.

I did not have a trade.

Last edited:
Back