Mazda5 Fuel economy 2006-2008

Speed limit here is 70 so I tend to do 70-80+

I likely get some benefit from drafting - I don't tailgate excessively but do follow closely enough to "give a hint." when appropriate.

I also lock the manumatic into fifth gear as soon as I hit highway speeds.

Help....
I am trying to install flex fuel kit to load my mazda 5 2008 of e85. Any idea, is this going to work to mazda 5? Thanks!

I'm sure you can get it to work. I have run E30 in my factory setup with no problems. I check long term fuel trims when doing this and it was not out of range. I did loose a few MPG. I am back to E10 for $$ reasons. When I run out of contracted E10 for $3.09 I'll probably go back to mixing an E30.

If you want to email me or PM me I'd try to help you with installation or any mechanical questions you might have. If you are local to me I'd be happy to assist.

I'm sure you can get it to work. I have run E30 in my factory setup with no problems. I check long term fuel trims when doing this and it was not out of range. I did loose a few MPG. I am back to E10 for $$ reasons. When I run out of contracted E10 for $3.09 I'll probably go back to mixing an E30.

If you want to email me or PM me I'd try to help you with installation or any mechanical questions you might have. If you are local to me I'd be happy to assist.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Somehow I have the idea to install it, base on my reasearched online. SALAMAT PO!

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Somehow I have the idea to install it, base on my reasearched online. SALAMAT PO!

I already installed the flex fuel kit to my mazda5 2008. It is working well, almost 2 weeks that it is running E85 for only $2.70, 35 MPG & a lot of speed. I am saving a lot of money. You just need a lot of research and faith. Thanks!

What kit? Where did you get it?

I don't have E85 near me, but thought the info would be good for the thread.(nana)

The average as stated in the sticker for the 08 is 23MPG. However, i can do 26-27 with the K&N air filter, and of course by myself with no load. Furthermore, mazda also states that you can do 28/32MPG. For all, it depends on how you drive not what you drive now-a-day.

I already installed the flex fuel kit to my mazda5 2008. It is working well, almost 2 weeks that it is running E85 for only $2.70, 35 MPG & a lot of speed. I am saving a lot of money. You just need a lot of research and faith. Thanks!

There is no way you gained mpg off of E85. It has 25% less BTU than gasoline. To get the same amount of power and match its air:fuel ratio it requires more fuel for the same load.

Latest posts

Back