Mazda3 reliability - let's get better info

Our two Mazdas have been pretty mediocre in terms of reliability. The 08 Mazda3 had recurring brake rotor problems, which the dealer refused to fix under warranty so I just had them replaced at my own cost at an independent shop, which fixed the problems for good. Both locks on front doors broke (at a cost of about $400 each at a dealer), and the car blew a radiator at about 55K. Currently the car has 61K and a check engine light goes on and off intermittently.

The 12 CX-9, in addition to plastic trim falling off from the hatch last year, which was fixed under warranty, the car with 12K miles is currently having its rear differential replaced, also under warranty. The dealer has been exceptional at service so far.

So all in all, meh. I will keep these two for the time being, but will eventually replace them with another brand.

We have an initial stat for the new Mazda3 based on owner experiences through the end of March.

The repair frequency, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2014 Mazda3: 10, low

This is very good for an all-new car, and much better than the CX-5 last year. Mazda appears to have learned from that program.

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. Next update in August.

For a deeper dive, including the stats for other cars and repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Mazda Mazda3 reliability ratings and comparisons

We've updated our reliability stats for the Mazda3 to include owner experiences through June 30, 2014 (making them about 14 months ahead of some others).

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2014 Mazda3: 5, low

Next updates in November and in February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For repair descriptions, the stats of other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information:

We've updated our reliability stats for the Mazda3 to include owner experiences through September 30, 2015. Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2015 Mazda3: 11, low
2014 Mazda3: 22, low

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2014 Mazda3: 80, < 1

For the details, including repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

I will reactivate my account from when I had my 2002 protege... So far though only 1 recall on my 2014 mazda3 sport with 50,000kms

Back