Mazda3 dual exhaust fit on a Mazda5?

ricksmz5

Contributor
:
2010 Mazda5
Has anyone installed the dual exhaust (muffler and tips) from a 3 onto a 5? If so, was there any modification required? Can't see spending big bucks for aftermarket when I can get genuine Mazda parts (low-mileage used) for cheap!

A guy posted pics of his 1st gen 5 with Dodge Neon SRT dual exhaust setup on it. If I remember correctly, the set doesn't have a muffler but has baffles in the tips. May be louder than what you want, especially if you're not using the Neons resonator with it.

Thanks, hiber8r! At 56, I don't exactly want my car to sound like one of the 18 yr old's "tuners", just a little better! Another post contained a parts diagram comparing the MS3, M3 and M5 exhaust components- from that, I'd say it won't work easily. I'll probably just go with a new Magnaflow muffler with a dual tip. First step on my improvements is the NGK Laser Iridium sparkplugs, then the WeaponR intake...

i've looked into this, and (at the very least) you will have to install muffler hangers on the passenger side to support the muffler. it should bolt up no problem to the mid-pipe and fit the bumper fine.

Latest posts

Back