MAZDA3 Dash/Stereo disassemble? How do I get it apart?!

How do I take apart my Mazda3's dash/stereo to get at the wiring behind it? I do not want to damage the plastic by prying at it in different areas. Does anyone know where I need to pry to get it off?

Dragn'Wagon said:
you need to pry off the carbon fiber looking piece around the screen and the screws are behind it

So where do I start on the carbon fiber piece? I noticed it has a little play at the far right above the glove box. But I don't want to bend it too far. Do I need to lift up on it or just pull towards me? And once that's off I should be able to get at the rest of the stereo easy?

Thanks for the reply!

did you not read the other thread you have about this or got wakes post? they both have the answers youre looking for. but just for you...dont pull on the very end, youll break off the tab thing. pull more towards the left side of the glove box until it pops out. then work your way down to the left. then once the rest is free the last tab on the right will slide out. just look at the pics in got wakes post and youll figure it out.

sam1 said:
did you not read the other thread you have about this or got wakes post? they both have the answers youre looking for. but just for you...dont pull on the very end, youll break off the tab thing. pull more towards the left side of the glove box until it pops out. then work your way down to the left. then once the rest is free the last tab on the right will slide out. just look at the pics in got wakes post and youll figure it out.

Thanks everyone! I figured it out and have successfully installed the new sub/amp! Thanks! (friday) (bowdown)

Back