Mazda3 crash

jkb2108

:
Mazda3
Hi everyone!

I'm brand new to this site, and not very educated on cars. I just really want to get everyone's opinion on what you think the outcome of my car will be.

First off, I HAD a beautiful 2009 Mazda3 iTouring Value sedan, until some lady decided to rear end me going 35-40 mph while I was in an absolute dead stop. She was driving a tank--I mean a very large Volvo SUV. So considering the age of my car, and the damage done to it, I'm thinking it will be considered a "total loss" by the insurance company. Since the force of the impact hit me so hard, it basically smashed together all my doors; so both back doors are jammed shut, and the driver door needs some tough elbow grease to even get opened...the only door that wasn't damaged was the front passenger.

All the cops on scene, and guys who towed my car were pretty dead set on it being deemed as a "total loss," but I guess I'm still thinking they have so much technology available today, that pretty much everything is fixable..but then again, since my car is a 2009, it's definitely not worth more then 10k (on a good day!) Let me know what you guys think, cause i'm stuck in the middle! Thanks!

image2.JPGIMG_20110723_233348.jpgimage3.JPG

Last edited:
If the doors are jammed, I doubt that it won't be totaled. (likely frame was damaged)
It does not take much to get a car totaled these days.
Yours is much worse than I have seen before on a Civic.

Thanks Ceric for the info, I'm assuming there has to be frame damage, considering my bumper is ripped off.

10spokess, I'm very thankful I'm not seriously injured. My car did its job, and protected me upon impact!

...time for a 2015 Mazda 3! Hopefully, the 0.9% interest and $500 loyalty bonus are still active.

All the cops on scene, and guys who towed my car were pretty dead set on it being deemed as a "total loss," but I guess I'm still thinking they have so much technology available today, that pretty much everything is fixable..but then again, since my car is a 2009, it's definitely not worth more then 10k (on a good day!) Let me know what you guys think, cause i'm stuck in the middle! Thanks!

View attachment 208753View attachment 208754View attachment 208755

If the first offer from the offending party's insurance company is unfair to you, DO NOT accept it, you should be able to purchase that car's exact replacement with the settlement. They should also pay for the cost of tax, title, and licensing on a car equal to the value of yours.

Definitely see a doctor, and a chiropractor, even if you're not hurting now, it's not worth the risk. (I expect you're hurting though, that looks like it was a hard hit.) A 15-20mph hit can cause lasting pain if the injuries are not addressed right away.

Back