Mazda Speed5 Project!

What does the welding help with?

It will make the car more rigid. Stiffer all around. Reduce flex in the body under load. Because believe it or not the car actually does twist and contort itself while bouncing around on the road.

Oh and it also gives you some serious Cool points!

Once the cage is in it will be one stiff ride.

It will make the car more rigid. Stiffer all around. Reduce flex in the body under load. Because believe it or not the car actually does twist and contort itself while bouncing around on the road.

(mswerd)

It's great to see detailed shots of just how exactly this project is coming together and how to prepare a vehicle for serious performance/racing in general...Love it! (2thumbs)

I guessed it had something to do with that . Thanks for the explanation.

Cage pics

cage 1.jpg

cage 2.jpg

cage 3.jpg

cage 4.jpg

cage 5.jpg

Perhaps you guys can come up with some bolt on chassis stiffeners that would take out the 2nd row seat shake that some have experienced here. When you say the body flexes, we know all about it.

I am going to assume those welds will be completed on the cage, correct? Looks like it was just tacked in place then I guess returned for you guys to finish? Looks like a great setup overall.

this should be cool will it be on display at the dealer, i bought my speed 3 from your dealer and live down the street lol

Looks like fun! Reminds me of my engine swap days... We had less wires. (freak)

I can be there in 15 hours. LOL

Last edited:
Great job I hope this turns out into a fun and worthwhile investment. I know im smiling every time I check this thread. Its going to be awesome.

Keep it going and have it on display, and I just may drive there to buy a new mazda (not for a couple more years).

Back