Mazda Service Advisor joining the forums

Hi Guys! I am a service advisor for a Mazda dealership in the greater Seattle area. I've been an advisor for years, but have just recently started at the Mazda line.

I am originally from Texas where I participated regularly (but not competitively) in autocross in a NA Miata as well as a 1993 Civic. I enjoy being on forums with likeminded enthusiasts, and in the past have met people from "the inside" that have been able to address questions or concerns they have have. I am glad to have the opportunity to hopefully do the same for others.

I plan on being fairly active on these forums. If you guys have any questions you'd like to ask me, even some tough ones, go for it. I'll do my best to answer them, and if I don't have an answer for you I bet I can find out.

i have a 2011 MX5. is there a way for me to activate the personalization features for the advanced keyless entry, or does the car need to be plugged into a computer?

I sadly parted ways with my NA about a year ago before I moved to Washington. The cost of living difference is pretty drastic, and coupled with a new child we were / are being very cautious about the money situation. I miss it dearly, and am looking into a newer Mazdaspeed 6 to take it's place as the 'fun' car.

i have a 2011 MX5. is there a way for me to activate the personalization features for the advanced keyless entry, or does the car need to be plugged into a computer?

What features are you looking to access specifically? I am heading into work shortly, and can get you a definite answer within a few hours.

the auto-lock/unlock function. (can it be set for auto-unlock?) page 10-8 in the owners manual.

I sadly parted ways with my NA about a year ago before I moved to Washington. The cost of living difference is pretty drastic, and coupled with a new child we were / are being very cautious about the money situation. I miss it dearly, and am looking into a newer Mazdaspeed 6 to take it's place as the 'fun' car.

I have an 8 week old. I thought about selling the car (I'm unemployed right now, sadly) but it really costs me nothing per year. I woke her up yesterday and took the first ride of the spring. I'm glad I didn't sell it.

I did some research, and to change the personalization features it does need to be plugged up at the dealership, this isn't something you will be able to do yourself.

However, just about every dealer should do this for free or for a minimal charge. When the car was purchased new, the dealership should have performed a 'Get Ready' which is part of the prep charge people usually pay. Part of this get ready is setting the personalization features of your keyless entry to the customer's liking.

Hopefully this answered your question. Anything else feel free to ask.

answered my questions, thanks. unfortunately, i bought the car used, so i imagine the dealer would want to charge me for the service :(

Latest posts

Back