Mazda Recommends Castrol 0W-20

CX-5-2013

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
Castrol 0W-20 Edge is $9.98 per Quart. Have never found it in the 5 Quart Jug.
Mobile 1 0W-20 is $25 for 5 Quarts.
It is the Energy Saving type.

Well the Mobile 1 meet the warranty requirements?

From page 6-21 of the 2013 owners' manual: Only use SAE 0W-20 oil with the American Petroleum Institute (API) symbol and ILSAC GF-5. If Mobil 1 meets this spec (which I'm sure it does) then it meets the warranty requirements.

Castrol 0W-20 Edge is $9.98 per Quart. Have never found it in the 5 Quart Jug.
Mobile 1 0W-20 is $25 for 5 Quarts.
It is the Energy Saving type.

Well the Mobile 1 meet the warranty requirements?

My manual (2013) doesn't specify Castrol, just 0/20.

I picked up a case of Mazda's moly oil for $7/qt from my dealer.

My manual (2013) doesn't specify Castrol, just 0/20.
Assuming Sonova Beach is somewhere in the US and that your manual is just like everybody else's: page 6-21
U.S.A. and CANADA
0W-20 full synthetic recommended:
Mazda Genuine Oil is used in your Mazda
vehicle and is the recommended 0W-20
lubricant. Mazda Genuine 0W-20 Oil is
required to achieve optimum fuel
economy.
Recommended viscosity: SAE 0W-20
For maintenance service, Mazda
recommends Mazda Genuine Parts and

Castrol (U.S.A. only).

From page 6-21 of the 2013 owners' manual: Only use SAE 0W-20 oil with the American Petroleum Institute (API) symbol and ILSAC GF-5. If Mobil 1 meets this spec (which I'm sure it does) then it meets the warranty requirements.
Mobil 1 0w20 does meet the ILSAC GF-5 specification according to the Mobil 1 website.

I just had my first free oil change at the mazda dealer yesterday. When i looked at the
bill when i got home i see the used bulk oil MOW20 0W20 at 3.42 a qt. Must be really
great oil, so i asked what i could get a case of Mazda 0W20 with moly, they didn't have it.
So next time i change oil i will use the oil i like and it does meet ILSAC GF5.
While i was there i did pick up 2 mazda oil filters PE01-14-302 and i will use them until i find
out what bypass pressure the skyactive engine uses, then i will find a fram that will fit.

I thought I read at one time that the recommended oil was the Mazda brand with Moly but my dealer uses Castrol 0-20.

Back