Mazda Mobile Start

I had it installed. It works well. The dealership is over an hour away. I arrived at appointed time. I was then asked for BOTH key fobs. I only had mine, my wife(at work) had hers. I was told it absolutely can NOT be done without BOTH FOBS. No one told me this when I was there making this appointment. No one advised me of this when I called yesterday to confirm today's appointment. My only choice was to go ride another hour and a half to get my wife's FOB, then drive same hour and half back to dealership. so all in all FIVE hours driving. Three of those hours could have been very easily avoided if they informed me they needed both FOBS.
The install was quick, the software part of registering on https://www.mazdamobilestart.com/index.jsp?locale=en_US and then getting the app up and running on 2 phones was HORRIBLE and took more time than the install. Maybe because I was the first one they have done.

What if you've lost the other fob or something?? I'd be pissed and probably have cancelled my install with that dealer.

What if you've lost the other fob or something?? I'd be pissed and probably have cancelled my install with that dealer.

I'd imagine if you lost the other FOB they would not need it. It may have to do with making sure any existing FOBs get reprogrammed. I was VERY temtped to blow a stack but I stayed cool. The dealer put the wrong remote in when car was ordered, then he refused to make good on it. The service guy heard this and said"bring your car in and I will replace it for you no charge". It was hard to get mad at him after that.

It is my wife's vehicle. She is NOT good with technology. I actually just got her her first smart phone so she would be able to use MMS. That being said, after I got it set up for her, she loves it. Her truck sits on a blacktop lot all day and gets super hot inside. She told me she just sits in her office and dials in 10 minutes prior to leaving, and she steps into a nicely cooled CX-5. That is he beauty of this. You don't need to be anywhere near it and it works and gives you a confirmation it is running. You can log into from more than one phone, as long as you go to main account you set up at mazda mobile start web site I linked to in previous posts. BTW there will be VISIBLE small wiring on the upper passenger side windshield. It is part of the GPS sensor to find your vehicle.

Last edited:
Any updates as to the MMS from people using the system?

Howdy Littlebear,

Actually, I'd gotten an email August 27th from Mazda North America Operations stating that they
were having MMS Service Interruption trouble. The reason cited was due to a system outage at our supplier’s data center.
They'd expected it to be about 7 days before they'd
have it fixed. I'd not noticed anything since I haven't been driving that much and hadn't used the feature.

Today I'd received another Email stating that they had accomplished the Repair 4 days early, tested the
App everything was running again. Also, they stated that for any inconvenience they were giving an additional
year of the service for free. So, that was good news that it was fixed and also the offer of the service extension.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back