Mazda missed some small details on the 3

I agree that those features should be there. It's one thing to say it's an "econocar" but lets not forget that this "econo-car" is costing upwards of 25grand Canada.

For comparison. My last Prelude, 97 was 28,995 with freight, had power/heated seats,power everything, cruise, a far better stereo, 195 Vtec HP,fogs, moonroof and so on. And that's a Honda.

Cars are getting too pricey. Of course, that's life. imagine how much an econo-car is going to cost in 10 years time.

Anyways, my point, for 25 grand......I damn well better have something as silly as vanity lights.

alexlitov said:
Rhagel,

the taller the tires the worse the car handles since it has a higher center of gravity...

I'm sure they tires are wide as ****, but that isn't the point here...

The center of gravity has practically nothing to do with it. A higher profile tire has more flex than a lower profile letting the car lean giving it a more comfortable ride. And yes they are "wide as ****" but I was not stressing the size of the tires and I wasnt saying that because they are wide they handle better than others. They are fairly low profile for an SUV and they are good quality tires. You should read a little more about tires and suspension before you make comments. Than you wouldn't make yourself look like an idiot.

newf said:
I agree that those features should be there. It's one thing to say it's an "econocar" but lets not forget that this "econo-car" is costing upwards of 25grand Canada.

For comparison. My last Prelude, 97 was 28,995 with freight, had power/heated seats,power everything, cruise, a far better stereo, 195 Vtec HP,fogs, moonroof and so on. And that's a Honda.

Cars are getting too pricey. Of course, that's life. imagine how much an econo-car is going to cost in 10 years time.

Anyways, my point, for 25 grand......I damn well better have something as silly as vanity lights.

Times have changed. Everything costs more. Get with the times. If you can't accept that, stop complaining and look elsewhere. You're all a bunch of babies.

How old are you anyways? You're all acting like a bunch of prepubescent know-it-all teens.

actually, not that it matters, but I'm about 5yrs older then you. Now, that being said, this is the 2nd time you've seen fit to resort to a childish-like response to one of my posts.

You seem to be taking some of these responses as a personal attack against your car. I think I've already stated before that I really like the car.....regardless, if your going to stick around in a forum where people are free to express their opinions ( without personal attacks hopefully)....grow thicker skin.

Childish-like response? I'm terribly sorry buddy but my replies are far from being childish. I'm sorry you feel that way.

For your information, I don't take any of these posts as personal attacks against my car. I don't give two s**** what people say about my car. First of all, it's a car. Second, I have thicker skin than you can imagine. It seems you are the one taking these posts as personal attacks - not against your car, but against you. Trust me, if I were making personal attacks toward somebody, that person would know.

Have a nice day :)

You're all a bunch of babies.

How old are you anyways? You're all acting like a bunch of prepubescent know-it-all teens.

Whether that was directed at one person or many.... I don't care. But that my friend is a childish post.

Anything else, PM me. I'm sick of this forum and every thread turning into this crap.

Have a nice day.

25k loaded for Mz3 after taxes.....and no way u can find a M6 loaded for 25k..plus that probably ht elowest modle and the lowest class for the M6

blah blah blah blah blah..........
u peeps are as if this is a life and death situation.........
get a grip...its only a freaken forum...

It's obvious that Mazda has chosen to offer obvious and unique content in this segment (like the S/W audio controls, 17" wheels and foglights, all standard on my 5dr.) and deleted a few things to help recoup some of this high end content. I'll give up an additional power point for this content. My wife won't like the lack of vanity mirror illumination, but I think it won't matter more than maybe the 10- 20% of the time that she's in that seat (that's not just a number I pulled OMA, but a number I've seen for the number of times somebody who owns a car in this segment has a passenger in the front seat...). On the other hand, accessory power when the ignition is turned off is something that other car companies do and it comes down to corporate strategy and whether or not the company wants to risk having something "hot"-wired to the car when the owner leaves it parked (power drain and potential fire risk, believe it or not); an example of that is Honda visors aren't (at least used to be) "hot"-wired. You had to have the ignition on to have the illumination for the vanity mirror and the homelink couldn't be mounted to the visor but was moved to the overhead console, with the maplights.

Anyway, if the car didn't offer anything else unique in the segment, I'd agree that they were cheap but I think they've upped the ante for other competitors in so many ways that I, net, give them a positive grade. Sorry, the cavalier doesn't rate a mention here because it's such a has-been that it has to have content AND rebates to be at all relevant in this segment.

My wife doesn't need the vanity lights, when the over head lights are so bright.

Back