Mazda Heated Seats

In my 08' I found that the seat heaters get warm quicker if my main heater is set on a higher setting than normal (80+ deg). My body tends to run much warmer than my wife does so I usually don't run the heat much more than 75~72deg in the mornings in the NW area of the country during wintertime.

I did notice if I set the heater at least at 80+deg first thing and then turn on the seat warmers they heat up much quicker that if the heater was set to run 10deg cooler. Not sure if this is by design, but it works on my 08' time and time again. Otherwise it takes pretty long and they don't get all that warm. Crank the heat up and they get toasty for a while then shut off for awhile the kick back on periodically.

Anyone else notice this?

Interesting observation.

I take it when you turn the car on, and it's cold, you set it for 80+ but the heater may not have warmed up yet either correct? My CX-9 can take 4/5 minutes to heat up during driving before the heat starts flowing (on Auto)

I'll give that a try tomorrow morning.

In my 08' I found that the seat heaters get warm quicker if my main heater is set on a higher setting than normal (80+ deg). My body tends to run much warmer than my wife does so I usually don't run the heat much more than 75~72deg in the mornings in the NW area of the country during wintertime.

I did notice if I set the heater at least at 80+deg first thing and then turn on the seat warmers they heat up much quicker that if the heater was set to run 10deg cooler. Not sure if this is by design, but it works on my 08' time and time again. Otherwise it takes pretty long and they don't get all that warm. Crank the heat up and they get toasty for a while then shut off for awhile the kick back on periodically.

Anyone else notice this?

Just tried to duplicate your claim today and did not notice any difference in the time it took for my seats to start feeling warm. Heating system on Auto took about 4 to 5 minutes before the blower kicked in. Seats had already started to feel warmer at this time (through jeans).

Maybe your model uses the drive-by-wire to heat-by-wire...the harder you press the accelerator, the hotter your ass gets :)

In my 08 model, the harder I press the accelerator, the hotter my wifes attitude gets :-( Zoom Zoom!

In my 08 model, the harder I press the accelerator, the hotter my wifes attitude gets :-( Zoom Zoom!

I second that... lucky for me at least I get a break when traveling anywhere for longer then 30 minutes or at night because when wifee goes to sleep, Davicho will play!

I should be so lucky.....She forces herself to stay away just to make sure I'm driving OK and scream "slow down!" and "Careful!" every time she sees brake lights 400 yards up ahead!

Talk about annoying!

Back