Mazda Hangman Hangers

Fede_italiano

Contributor
:
2003.5 Mazda Protege' MazdaSpeed
Guys,

If I want to change the stock hangers with kartboy, can I just raise the car with jacks and go one by one and replace them with the old ones?
Do I need to unbolt the exhaust?

Is there a special way to do it?

Just curious.

Thanks a lot.

one by one will be fine. Just add a dab of wd40 or something to make it easy to slide the new hanger on.

I found it was easier to remove the radiator. Unbolt the turbo from the manifold and then remove the entire exhaust. :)
Took me 12 hours

Puckpimp71 said:
I found it was easier to remove the radiator. Unbolt the turbo from the manifold and then remove the entire exhaust. :)
Took me 12 hours

Really?
I cannot do that.

I just would like to slide under and remove the old hangers one by one while I keep the exhaust ones.

But anyway, I guess I should buy stands because I am not to sure about the stock jack.

YOu don't even need stands...you can just reach under there. Use dish soap to get the old ones off.

He is joking, don't take that seriously!!

Puckpimp71 said:
Took me 12 hours

:p It's the easiest thing I've ever done to my car. Don't ever trust just a jack. Stock or not. Get some stands and make sure they're weight rated high enough for our car. Over on SHOforum.com a member lost his son because a jack gave out. Ramps are also an easy way to go unless you're taking off a wheel.

Puckpimp71 said:
:p It's the easiest thing I've ever done to my car. Don't ever trust just a jack. Stock or not. Get some stands and make sure they're weight rated high enough for our car. Over on SHOforum.com a member lost his son because a jack gave out. Ramps are also an easy way to go unless you're taking off a wheel.
2 2 ton jack are ok?
I am waiting since KB is out of stock for hangers.

Thanks

Jacks or jack stands? There's a big difference. Jack stands go under the car after it's been jacked up and lock in place. If you're supporting your car with two 2 ton jack stands, you're good to go. If it's two 2 ton jacks, I'd run out and get some stands. Some wheel chocks are a good idea, too.

Puckpimp71 said:
Jacks or jack stands? There's a big difference. Jack stands go under the car after it's been jacked up and lock in place. If you're supporting your car with two 2 ton jack stands, you're good to go. If it's two 2 ton jacks, I'd run out and get some stands. Some wheel chocks are a good idea, too.

I strongly agree with you! A few months ago I was rotating my tires and painting my brake hubs when the stock jack somehow popped out from under the car. Fortunatly I had jackstands beside both of my jacks so they caught the car as it fell. I could have easily had leg crushed or tore up god knows what on my car if they weren't there.

vxfilmer1000 said:
hahahahaha.....o man if only he would have did it

I meant 2 stands, no jack.
They are like 35 dollars for 2.

Thanks to you guys I will finally start modding my car like i did to my scooter :)

Scooter? You can mod those? After this damn Wilma hurricane, I'm thinking of modding the generator. Does Injen make a CAI for this?

lots of good info here however i wouldn't use WD40 on anything made of rubber such as the old hangers. granted you are removing them should the time ever come when you want to reuse them WD40 isn't going to be nice to them. it is made of chemicals and can over time eat the rubber. I would use some silicone spray. silicone is 100% inert and won't hurt anything you spray it on. wd40 is great for door hinges and such but i would keep it away from anything on my car...just a suggestion

pb4ugoout said:
lots of good info here however i wouldn't use WD40 on anything made of rubber such as the old hangers. granted you are removing them should the time ever come when you want to reuse them WD40 isn't going to be nice to them. it is made of chemicals and can over time eat the rubber. I would use some silicone spray. silicone is 100% inert and won't hurt anything you spray it on. wd40 is great for door hinges and such but i would keep it away from anything on my car...just a suggestion
thanks for the input.
i got in an argument tonight with the dealership that was always good to me because they want me to pay the rental and manpower because i told them about the clunk and they say that it is not the bushing but the magnaflow.
tomorrow it will be funny since the last time that they changed the LSD they put toghether the exhaust poorly and I had to pay $60 for a performance shop to adjusted. Also, the clunk is not always there and it happened again after about 5 months since they changed the bushings the first time. I am always honest to them and always do not spare cash to make sure that the car is done right, but blame magnaflow catback for the clunk when the exhast if FAR away from anything realy made me mad. They told it is not OEM so we will not touch it. So what about instead of looking at it and charging me for looking at it you charged and you adjust it since you say it is the exhaust?
I was really made and I felt disappointed. I am always there to come towards them and they want to charge me for a clunk that they assumed came from the catback. Oh well, they offer to pay some of the rental and will how it goes...
sorry but i really got angry and the new service guy that i was dealing felt so sorry because it did not know how many times i have been there and how much I paid them to do their things.
thanks for the input guys.
hopefully i can get the hangers so i can see if it really the catback moving or the bushing :) It better be the exhaust because i told them that if i hear one clunk i will park the car inside the showroom.
I felt kind of betraied.

Sorry about the english

Back