Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

rcdjarrett

:
Mazda, CX-5 Grand Touring 2014
Mazda CX-5 Touring states in the brochure that "At the push of a button, the doors unlock. And when you walk away, it can also lock the doors automatically. Available with the Grand Touring Technology Package. I have the The Grand Touring Technology Package and it did not seem to work. Any idea why it is not working?

Because you have to adjust the lock options under the vehicle tab in main settings on the head unit.

I turned it on for a bit but got frustrated when I'd go out to the garage to get something out of the car and it was locked. I've gotten used to using the buttons on the door now. I must admit I do love how easy it is to lock it. Being a woman I keep my keys in my purse and it's nice not having to dig around for them.

The auto lock feature would be better if it had auto-unlock as well. I know some folks see that as a security issue, but as long as you could enable/disable it as a user preference I would really like to see them add auto-unlock as well.

Keep in mind the feature won't work (and you won't hear the two beeps) if one door isn't perfectly closed. I've had to double-close the hatch a few times, sometimes even the passenger doors too. The sensors are finicky.

Back