Mazda Australia announces 5 year warranty

If you bought the current model year , I would still call and ask for the 5 year warrantee. Never heard of changing a warrantee in the middle of a model year.

Normally this sort of thing should be done at the beginning of the calendar year or financial year - Australian financial year is 01 July to 30 June

Last edited:
All recent Australian Mazda buyers should contact Mazda on 1800 034 411 to claim their extension. These changes are often applied retrospectively up to a period of time. Poor form on Mazda to have not documented the change in policy this way.

..or 60k miles- this takes it (even if they only did powertrain here-Auzzies get b2b on this too apparently also which is pretty awesome) to 5yr/unlimited miles/klicks, which for guys/gals doing 20+ per annum like me is a pretty dang nice added plus.

Exactly. Mine is a 2015, and I have 90K miles on it already. I would be covered for another year and a half, or about 120-130K miles total, if we had a comparable warranty. You bet your ass I'd buy another CX5, no-matter how baller the RAV4 re-vamp is, if the warranty was = to AUS, and Toyota's stayed "as is" for the States.

I mean in comparison to the CX5, with its dismal 29% thermal efficiency and <400mi highway range.

So the RAV4 Hybrid is a CVT?
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Eh, you of all people should be the last one excited about a RAV4.

Say what you want of CUVs as a "chick car", the RAV4 is the poster child of "chick cars" when it comes to CUVs, where 90%+ of the drivers you see driving them are soccer moms LOL.

Say what you want of CUVs as a "chick car", the RAV4 is the poster child of "chick cars" when it comes to CUVs, where 90%+ of the drivers you see driving them are soccer moms LOL.

604025775a919a13322492.93861841-775x437.jpg

toyota-rav4-2019-coming-soon-header_tcm-11-1327506.jpg

17f8f67083eee58c838dadb2a72701f0.jpg

Whatever you say.

Last edited:

Lol. Majority of people I see driving the CX-5 here are chicks,and Idk if you could call most of them soccer moms either considering they all look in their late 50s and over by far usually...

Lol. Majority of people I see driving the CX-5 here are chicks,and Idk if you could call most of them *soccer moms* either considering they all look in their late 50s and over by far usually...

Fair enough, but around here RAV4's are openly known as chick cars. If you really want to get way more ridiculed by your buddies, buy a RAV4. :p

CX-5's have a very large range of people driving them and a pretty equal male/female ratio, from my observations. I've had both male and female friends/coworkers/etc. all like my car :)

Sample size of 1 person's commute to and from work in Denver and I see lot's of CX-5's every day now.

Around here,it*s the 4Runner that*s the chick car,not the RAV4,and you better be pretty attractive to drive one it seems.

I*ve honestly only seen one guy driving a CX-5 in my entirety. Only ones I know of are right here on this site.

One and done here,the new ones just aren*t attractive,2.5T coming or not...

One and done here,the new ones just aren*t attractive,2.5T coming or not...

Sadly I'm right there with you most likely. Gen 2's just don't do it for me.

That said since I am holding on to mine forever, we'll see what the Gen 3's and Gen 4's look like. Not holding my breath though. ;)

Okay.................. back on topic........

Have sent Mazda Australia a message asking if they can apply this warranty to me since I bought mine in May.

If they say no then not fussed but just want to try anyway.

Okay.................. back on topic........

Have sent Mazda Australia a message asking if they can apply this warranty to me since I bought mine in May.

If they say no then not fussed but just want to try anyway.

Motoring site reviewing the Mazda6 GT mentioned:

* Subsequent to this test of the Mazda6 GT, Mazda announced its entire range will be covered by a five-year/unlimited-kilometre warranty. The new warranty does not apply retrospectively. Hundreds of buyers are believed to have purchased the updated Mazda6 with three-year warranty applicable.

The statement confuses me. I'm not sure.

Motoring site reviewing the Mazda6 GT mentioned:

* Subsequent to this test of the Mazda6 GT, Mazda announced its entire range will be covered by a five-year/unlimited-kilometre warranty. The new warranty does not apply retrospectively. Hundreds of buyers are believed to have purchased the updated Mazda6 with three-year warranty applicable.

The statement confuses me. I'm not sure.

No wonder people are confused. Even their website still has outdated information:

kf5pph.png

Fair enough, but around here RAV4's are openly known as chick cars. If you really want to get way more ridiculed by your buddies, buy a RAV4. :p

CX-5's have a very large range of people driving them and a pretty equal male/female ratio, from my observations. I've had both male and female friends/coworkers/etc. all like my car :)

Sample size of 1 person's commute to and from work in Denver and I see lot's of CX-5's every day now.

Yeah, but the Monte Carlo is a muscle car...wait...that was the older one. The one from 2002? ROFL! Well, we now have the Impala, and...wait...

Things change with time. The RAV4 just got an awesome AWD system, they styled it after the 4Runner and TACO, and the hybrid has a sport tuned suspension and is the fastest model in the line-up yet goes over 600mi per tank. Even if you want to call it a "chic car", that's like calling the new Ecoboost 4 cylinder mustang a chic car. Okay, fair enough. It's still faster than the 2010 V8 GT model, and handles WAY better...

Old RAV4 (chic car):
180120_069_toyota_764A1230-Edit2.jpg

Current 4Runner (not what I know anyone to call a "Chic car"):

2018-toyota-4runner-exterior-review-car-and-driver-photo-690357-s-original.jpg

NEW Rav4:

06-toyota-rav4-adventure-ny-auto-show-2018.jpg

So yeah, I kindof view it as a mini-4Runner, and not a pumped up Mazda 3 (Corolla equiv) like the CX5 is.

Back