Mazda 5 Fam Fiasco

5 Fam Fiasco Update

Hi everyone...thank you sooooo much for all of the info you gave me...I'm compilling all the info in order to convince the hubby...he will be using the vehicle also, weekends only. The hubby drives a 1998 F-150, loves the damb gas guzzling thing...wants me to get a quad cab pick up truck as the fam car...oh so not happening! I will be test driving the 5 this weekend ...again...with my Dad... (sssh) the hubster will be out of town giving me more than enough time to speak to the dealer in ref. to ordering wait time, out the door cost etc. Will update soon! (cabpatch)

Love u all,
Lourdes

try to get the "touring" model as it has all the nice little extras you'll appreciate down the road! plus it looks better on the outside too

don't worry about all the other people who are toyota/honda/ford die hards... they'll all talk trash about how this car has no power, no reliability, etc... mazdas made within the past 5 years have been relatively trouble free... up to par with other japanese manufacturers and some models have less defects too... the same can't be said on customer service though... it's just inconsistent with mazdas, so good luck with your dealer! but the fact is, once all your other folks drive this car, they'll realize that "crappy" 4 banger puts out enough power for the size of vehicle it is! it's not a race car, and it doesn't need to tow anything.... a V6 will just waste gas around town for no reason.... this engine is more than adequate (as in highway passes are no problem) to carry 6 people plus luggage... hell it's even faster than the toyota previa from the 90s which had a bigger motor with less power!

catmri2 said:
The hubby drives a 1998 F-150
And they're bashing a Mazda's reliability?! The only part about Mazda that's not Japanese(inherently reliable) is Ford's 33% control over them. hehe, silly wabbit (silly)

BTW, not sure if you noticed in my previous post, but the 'word on the street' and two separate dealerships informed me that new Mazda5 orders are taking 3-4 months to fill. This was as of about 3 weeks ago. Also, anything being ordered at this point will be an 07MY. If you ask your dealer about this and he says otherwise, I'd be curious to know a time period they quote you. All that being said, chances are you can probably find what you're looking for on their lot or in the area and drive off w/it today.

Good luck and keep us updated on the situation! (2thumbs)

when I bought my 5 a few weeks ago, I stopped by 2 different dealers and they had close to a dozen 5's on the lot between them.

Course the first dealer wasn't willing to deal, so it's no wonder they still had them on the lot.

TheMAN said:
try to get the "touring" model as it has all the nice little extras you'll appreciate down the road! plus it looks better on the outside too

Just get a sport with the PE1 option Spoiler Side sills and 6 disc changer all for $495. fog lights $249 but you can get invoice on both.

Great car and value

Really what is there to talk about, it's a great vehicle.....he may not like the vanish look I bet. Take a look at the CX7....well, you and your hubby should drive one...you both will want it. You can get one for $25,000......handling, speed, fun to drive, utility and great looks! I am a Mazda fan and love these cars and I was going to get a 5 also and then I drove a CX7 and yikes what a car! I was hoping to stay around $24000 and get gas mileage over 20mpg city, but I fell for the CX7 hard! If I can't get that than the 5 it is! Best value out there...plenty of space, good gas mileage, good looking, smooth and quiet with lots of pep and a great price for all the features!!!!!....what's not to like!??? I am coming out of a 2004 RX8 and I like both the 5 and the CX7. (get him in the CX7.....he will like it!) Good luck to you.....hey, it's your car and you should be happy!!! My hubby knows I have to have a car I love....I obsessed with cars!

I like the CX-7's engine... a 2.3L turbo in a crossover, that's awesome. But, I recall that it needs premium gas (91 octane) because of it's a turbocharged motor. Add about $3 to $4 per fill up (over 87 octane) in the math and the gas cost may not look so good.

Hmmm....

I agree...bummed mileage won't be as good......that would be one major factor in deciding on that or the 5. Though it seems so worth it to me!!! I will leave it up to my husband to decide. We have a Mariner that gets decent mileage so we shall see. Ahhhhh.......no car has everything perfect!!

genjy said:
I like the CX-7's engine... a 2.3L turbo in a crossover, that's awesome. But, I recall that it needs premium gas (91 octane) because of it's a turbocharged motor. Add about $3 to $4 per fill up (over 87 octane) in the math and the gas cost may not look so good.

Back