Marcs_sp20's project SP20

17-05-2010

So, I purchased a Honda Accord front lip! Reason being they look good (abeit a bit of trimming & finnesing) and are a hell of a lot cheaper then buyiing a AutoExe or MazdaSpeed protege front lip ;)

This is what it looks like on the car:
choonups6.jpg

choonups9.jpg

I did a trial fit this afternoon, and the corners need cutting on the inside, and you definitely need 4 hands to fit the damned thing!

so hoping to have it fitted tomorrow afternoon ;)

Cheers
Marc

KYB Front & Rear struts
Apexi 30mm lowered front springs
Pedders 35mm lowered rear springs

I did have Apexi's in the rear, but it was very very soft, and then found out they are actually for the awd sport20 :eek:

ome progression today:

I reverted back to stock for an hour :p

IMG_2734.jpg

Was mainly for seeing where and what I can do to properly mount the grille it to the bumper as both ends where it bolts to the bumper are broken :( I basically will be putting aluminium over the top...

Dont worry, its not permanent, only for when the car is put in to be repaired ;)

Also received my Mazdaspeed Protege gearknob, but doesnt fit :( the weight is in the way, so I will be modifying a stock shifter by ridding the weight & reducing the height :D Anyways here is the knob:

IMG_2748.jpg

I also purchased some lightweight D1 Spec racing wheel nuts that I got in black, so will put them on tomorrow afternoon :)

Well between getting drunk, making dinner & now watching the Origin (Queenslander FTW!!! :D:D) I installed my racing lugs on 2 rims, the other 2 at half time :p

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

They really give the car a tough stance, and VERY lightweight, around 10g each compared to around 30g that the chrome one's are :eek:

Went out for a drive today with the missus to different locations all over Ipswich & Brisbane, had a lot of fun, and so did Tash at taking photo's :D

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_3150.jpg

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3142.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3122.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3080.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

So today I fitted up the Lip :D

I had Gav come round for some help & some R/C drift action today, enjoyed the company cuz :D

Anyways here's some pics, as expected it doesnt flow with the corners of the bumper (which im not worried with) but it still gives the car a unique look :D And yes I thought about putting it on the laser :rolleyes:

323's look ugly without bumpers :(
IMG_3174.jpg

trial fit:
IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

I'll be washing the car tomorrow sometime so will be taking some better photos

Cheers
Marc

Well done on the Accord lip, looks really good and flows pretty well. You car is really coming along!

Have you considered blacking out your headlights?

Where did you get the Accord Lip? Was it one of the "Type R" style ones from ebay? I've been thinking of picking one up and installing it on mine but....

Well done on the Accord lip, looks really good and flows pretty well. You car is really coming along!

Have you considered blacking out your headlights?

Cheers! :D

Im trying to track down another pair of headlights, as the bulb holder on one has perished :( But yes it will be happening :D

Where did you get the Accord Lip? Was it one of the "Type R" style ones from ebay? I've been thinking of picking one up and installing it on mine but....

PM Sent ;)

Looks REALLY good, mate! Very clean and simple. I just love those wheels on there.

Any word on what happened to your tire blowout? Just a bad tire?

Thanks, and I love the rims too :D Im not liked by some of the Mazda 3 & 6 guys here in brisbane, as they all want my MPS wheels (evil)

Nah, im putting it down to bad road surface or I have collected something and its just down its dirtiest work :( It blew out on a country road, so not that great of a surface to start with, and I can remember accidentally running over those audible road lines on the outer edge, but anyways I have been getting under the car every couple days for rub marks etc, and there aint any :confused:

Back