MAM Midpipe

You may end up shearing those bolts if you get them too long... dunno.

P5MoJo said:
does added more washers to the cross member affect the performance of the car because i was a bit scared that it would change the handling or flexing of the chassis.. its good to see that you guys are coming and confirming that the ladder bar doesn't help much.. almost spent another $150 :)

P5MoJo said:
hey did you place the two hangers you got at the end for the exhaust or for the midpipe?

Well... oddly enough... I have one by the muffler and one around the midpipe.
Also what I'm trying to do is find longer bolts so i can add more washers, but I've discovered they are a b**** to find!! They are M12 1.25 bolts!
Anywho... by adding, as of now, the two washers that would actually fit. I feel no difference, car feels just as stiff as before. And if say I do end up shearing a bolt... you all will be the first to know.

Side note to previous post: I'm not getting your standard off the shelf hardware bolts... they will be high grade steel bolts to insure that they don't break.

ok, so I drove up to All Wheel Eng. and it was closed! WTH! I guess I misinterpreted the letter because of the time delay it takes to send an email out. So I figure I'll drive up there around 3-6pm and hopefully he'll be in his shop! and then I have to come back down so that I can sell my hks exhaust to digitalricepape..

Ok the 21st was the last time I posted on this thread and since then I've been trying to catch Tom@kartboy. Today was the day and I must say that I was a bit pissed because everytime I would go up to his shop (which was 20 miles from my house) he was never at the shop and I was getting fed up with the damn rattling noise coming from the midpipe. However, I bought them off him and installed it immediately after I got home and ate. BUT THE EXHAUST HANGERS WORKED!! NO MORE RATTLE!! :) This will work for an Apexi midpipe and possibly not with a midpipe that has a cat welding to it on top of the crossmember as I've read in Nutari's other post. And he too just installed Kartboys. But I'm glad the rattle is gone.. but once again there's another slight problem with the rear hangers, the diameter is too large for the stock axle back which causes it to slide around. What should I do, keep the stock's in place? .. hMmm.

P5MoJo said:
This will work for an Apexi midpipe and possibly not with a midpipe that has a cat welding to it on top of the crossmember as I've read in Nutari's other post.

I have Kartboy hangers and installed my MAM midpipe w/ cat yesterday... no rattling either. See my post below:

http://www.msprotege.com/vbb300/showpost.php?p=1472416&postcount=15

P5MoJo said:
...but once again there's another slight problem with the rear hangers, the diameter is too large for the stock axle back which causes it to slide around. What should I do, keep the stock's in place? .. hMmm.

I used zip ties to space things out...

Back