magnaflow

mellon247

:
2001 Mazda MP3
Anyone have a magnaflow exhaust on their protege or their mp3? if u do can u show me pics and even better a sound/video clip. thanks.

I have a magnaflow Muffler on my exhaust :). They didn't make a full exhaust in the size I wanted (3"). The only Video/Sound clip I have is of my motor sounding like it has a jar of be-bee's in it. When i get home in June I will be organizing a WA meet so i recomend you come and check it out.
Rob

mellon247 said:
Anyone have a magnaflow exhaust on their protege or their mp3? if u do can u show me pics and even better a sound/video clip. thanks.

joka1 said:
I have a magnaflow Muffler on my exhaust :). They didn't make a full exhaust in the size I wanted (3"). The only Video/Sound clip I have is of my motor sounding like it has a jar of be-bee's in it. When i get home in June I will be organizing a WA meet so i recomend you come and check it out.
Rob

Hey, i'm planning on getting a Magnaflow muffler in just such a size. Do you have a pic thread or something of which way you went?

I will look for some. I followed the same route as the stock exhaust. It is a tight fit but it does fit. If I find the pictures i will post them
Rob

bradicus18 said:
Hey, i'm planning on getting a Magnaflow muffler in just such a size. Do you have a pic thread or something of which way you went?

joka1 said:
I will look for some. I followed the same route as the stock exhaust. It is a tight fit but it does fit. If I find the pictures i will post them
Rob

just a pic of the muffler would be good too. thanks.

I've got the cat-back and put a slightly smaller tip for a bit more of a stealth look (evil)

Attachments

• DSC00923 - 1024.jpg
    DSC00923 - 1024.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 765
Hey bradicus, if you're not going turbo, then don't get a 3'' exhaust. It will not have enough back pressure for the engine to operate properly. 2 1/4 is more than sufficient if you're only doing simple mods.

This was an MP3 (see link in sig) with a Spool turbo kit. . .3" custom with a Magnaflow. It is in "stereo" but one channel is a mic taped to the bumper and the other channel is under the hood.

mgs_freak said:
Hey bradicus, if you're not going turbo, then don't get a 3'' exhaust. It will not have enough back pressure for the engine to operate properly. 2 1/4 is more than sufficient if you're only doing simple mods.

Thanks, but yeah I am going turbo.

Back