LSD Failure LIST

have any of you guys had your whole tranny get messed up due to the lsd breaking?

Rebuilt MSP transmission for sale

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by JVJcivil
Built Mazdaspeed Transmission w./ Quaife LSD REDUCED TO $2,150(trans. with a good unabused transmission trade)

Built trans. with a Quaife LSD and cryo-treated gears, main shafts, and syncros. I have spent a great deal to get it race ready, but now that the motor went, I gave up on the project. I have receipts, warranty cards, and RO receipts for all the work. If anyone is interested in installation my mechanic offers his services at a very reasonable price. Will need a trans. in good working order as a trade, this one is still installed in my mazdaspeed.

Enclosed is an older pic of the receipts, warranty cards, and labor repair orders. I am willing to negotiate with shipping or pickup options. I really would hate to trade the car in with a $5500 transmission. I need to get this moved by the end of April...begining of May the latest.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

This is what mine looks like at 105,000 miles:
CIMG0519a.jpg

On a side note, my clutch looked almost brand new. Just a tiny bit of glazing.

I think I'm gonna try and get a stronger than the OEM and cheaper alternative made to the Quaife. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
JDM Sam said:
I think I'm gonna try and get a stronger than the OEM and cheaper alternative made to the Quaife. Stay tuned.
(rockon) (rockon) (rockon) (rockon) (rockon) (rockon) (rockon) (yippy) (yippy) (yippy) (yippy) (yippy)

LSD Blew Some Time Ago

All-
First I want to apologize for pitching a sale on this thread. I posted previously when my diff failed. I also blew 2nd, 3rd gear, and both main shafts. So I rebuilt the transmission with OEM mazda parts, but I sent out all of the gears, mainshafts, and syncros to 300 Below for Cryogenic Treatment. In addition, I installed a Quaife ATB LSD from Corksport and replaced all seals.
I blew the motor a couple of months ago and have decided to trade the car in. I do not want to leave the trans. in since it is worth at least $5500 in parts and labor to rebuild two times. I am asking a fair price and willing to negotiate. I am running out of options and I have only gotten bumps but no bites in the FS sections. So if anyone is interested, please check out my thread below and let me know if you are interested.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123659395

Thanks,
Julio

My LSD just went along with the pressure plate on the clutch. I ordered an Exedy Stage 1 with a 3rd Ver. LSD. Unfortunately, I can't find anybody that can weld the LSD with nickle rods.

LSD and Clutch gone at 80,000 Miles:(
How sad... Such poor quality

April14004.jpg

onequickmsp said:
My LSD just went along with the pressure plate on the clutch. I ordered an Exedy Stage 1 with a 3rd Ver. LSD. Unfortunately, I can't find anybody that can weld the LSD with nickle rods.

LSD and Clutch gone at 80,000 Miles:(
How sad... Such poor quality
hey, yellow pages man! look around, its def worth getting it welded! im glad i did, i don't have to worry about it ever again.

I did use yellowpages and I called nearly every machine shop in town (or so it feels like it) and no one wants to touch an LSD.

Back