LSD Failure LIST

It's not really about the money it's more about mazda admiting they made a mistake and let it slide. I know I would have been spendin g money on other parts than to have to spend $2k on trans parts. I could have paid the car down and an intercooler or something I would have enjoyed.

Round 2 ding!. Revision 2 LSD Springless. 3 years on this piece and pop.
Original spring loaded 1.5 years. I think I'm sticking a queefer in it next.

I'm out $600 either way with stock parts.
In addition, the time I have to spend taking it all out is worth $700. I'm going to say **** it and go all out and have peace of mind I can actually drive the car hard without worrying it will snap in half like wood. Time is money.

Last edited:
JDM Sam said:
Round 2 ding!. Revision 2 LSD Springless. 3 years on this piece and pop.
Original spring loaded 1.5 years. I think I'm sticking a queefer in it next.
was it welded?

No, it wasn't welded. It was dealer replaced back in 2004 after I went at it with the regional rep b****. I'm out of 4 years now and I can do the work myself, just time is a factor now. I told myself back then if this piece breaks again I'm going to get a Quaife and get it over with. This will help with the power level I will be shooting for anyways.

sry for the late submission, mine went at 63k, replaced with welded lsd, beefed up tranny kit and new clutch. not to bad for 1800 bucks haha

well add me to the list, i think im at 47k real close to 48k. it went on my first run of autox today, i was so pissed. i co-drived my friends srt4 afterwards blah. oh well, guess ill be upgrading clutch/flywheel while im at it.

Sad to see another one go, but build it better & get it welded. GTO's are f'n awesome; guy smoked me as soon as he hit third, LS1's are the s***. Too bad there are 4 more in this town of 20K ppl. Would love to have that power, but for me, "no thanks." I have the only speed for 100+ miles, i'll take "slow" to have the uniqueness. I'll fix her whenever she breaks. :)

Dugg E Fresh said:
Sad to see another one go, but build it better & get it welded. GTO's are f'n awesome; guy smoked me as soon as he hit third, LS1's are the s***. Too bad there are 4 more in this town of 20K ppl. Would love to have that power, but for me, "no thanks." I have the only speed for 100+ miles, i'll take "slow" to have the uniqueness. I'll fix her whenever she breaks. :)
same reason why i don't want to get rid of mine.

the only closest person to have one near me is rush and some other guy 30 mins from me. i don't even know if he still has it, i heard he was gonna sell it.

I live in a fairly small town and i see at least one other one every day. There are probably about 5 msps in my town.

Back