Love my 2011 CX-9 GT AWD but want to downsize

I kind of forgot what "car-like" is like. Both our cars are SUVs. Guess we like the "U" for utility. :)

That's the cool thing about the cx5. It drives extremely "car-like" but also has one of the highest ground clearences for CUVs. Making it such an impressive accomplisment by Mazda engineers. CX5 ground clearence is 8.5, CR-V is 6.7, and Rav4 is 6.3. Pretty awesome.

Btw, where in Maryland are you located? I'm up around Bel Air.

That's the cool thing about the cx5. It drives extremely "car-like" but also has one of the highest ground clearences for CUVs. Making it such an impressive accomplisment by Mazda engineers. CX5 ground clearence is 8.5, CR-V is 6.7, and Rav4 is 6.3. Pretty awesome.

Btw, where in Maryland are you located? I'm up around Bel Air.

Didn't know that about the ground clearance. Nice... The CX-5 is sounding better and better the more I learn about it. Might have to make it out to the big car show when it comes to town, definitely. It would be fun to do the walk-around thing and get up close - not ready to tangle with a salesperson quite yet...lol.

Until recently we lived in northern Anne Arundel County between Annapolis and Glen Burnie. Moved this summer to Charles County, not far from Waldorf. Redskins country, unfortunately. But still see lots of Ravens Nation representation, though (O's, too). BTW, I bought my CX-9 in Bel Air - small world...well, Maryland is not that big...lol.

Last edited:
I don't know if you're still considering the Tiguan, but the current gen Tiguan pretty much has the smallest cargo area in its class (24cu ft vs 34cu ft in the CX-5 with the seats up). In fact, it's got all of 1 cu ft over the Golf. That, along with high prices and a lack of a fuel efficient engine are why the Tiguan sells poorly compared to most of the competition in an era where consumers can't get enough CUVs.

Latest posts

Back