Loud Clicking Noise...Plz Help!!!

mobius120487

The Stig
:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD
So i was out driving today and took a turn fast, like an exit ramp circle...and afterwards i heard this clicking sound from the engine compartment...i drove it home and it is still clicking...i can't figure out what it is and need to find out quick because i need to drive back to houston from fort worth in one week. It's an '07 Mazda 3 2.3 L. I know i'm waaay overdue for an oil change...maybe thats it but why would it just starting clicking after a hard turn....ummm, i just put in an Injen CAI...don't think that would affect anything....thats really about it, i'm not showing any check engine light and the engine temp is stayin normal....someone plz plz plz help me out, lemme know if anyone has had the same issue and what it was and how much i'm gonna have to shell out.......DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What side of the engine is the clicking coming from? How loud? At idle? Constant ticking? Look at your pulleys and make sure none of them are wobbling, that could be the case.

High engine rpms during your turn? Not to try and freak you out, but it's possible that hard cornering caused the oil to slosh to one side of the oil pan and the oil pickup tube momentarily went dry, causing a sudden drop in oil pressure. I don't know how susceptible the mazda3's oilpan design is to this.... were you low on oil when you did the oil change?

Have you popped the hood? That will usually give you at least an idea of the general are of any sounds you hear. Can you narrow down the location the clicking is actually coming from? Is it clicking when the car is running but not moving? My AC condenser clicks a bit when it is on. I've gotten a stick stuck in my lower control arm that clicked for a while. But it could honestly be a LOT of different things unless you can be more specific or provide a video or something.

Maybe it's the vibrating brakes that you didn't get fixed yet?

I was low on oil and not excited about that fact....its fairly loud and clicks louder as i get to around 3000 rpm and then quiets a little, maybe from the back to the passenger side of the engine....hard to pinpoint....not brakes, it makes this sound when sitting still....i'm takin it in to a small garage in town tomorrow....lets pray for the best

i was about to say it might be the beginning of one of your cv's going out, but you said it happens sitting still so i dont know. good luck.

are those engines hydraulic or solid lifters? hydraulic lifters will tick bad when they get dry..

So......now for the diagnosis, in form of a riddle:
How do you go into the shop with 107,000 miles on your engine and come out with 40,000 miles on your engine???
Anyone???
Anyone???
You **** up a wrist pin on a rod and it tries to shoot out of your engine....and you get a used engine installed from another wrecked 3....

Back