Lost respect for CIVIC drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxpwr

:
yellow MSP for sale. 05 EVO VIII MR
every Civic owner ive known or raced has been slightly cool, like waving off after a race or what not. but last night i pulled out of the movie theater planing on turning left when i realized a black V-tec civic with a body kit, ground affects, aftermarket taillights, and an aftermarket exhaust passed me, i jumped at the oppertunity and turned right to follow him, after pulling behind him and reving my engine he quickly downshifted and started racing. we were on a one lane road but were coming up to a two lane so i just stayed behind him, he was a joke! i had to let off cuz i kept comin right on his ass when i floored in 4th gear, so then there was a car infront of us and he hauled around him going at least 90, i did the same, again having a hard time not riding his ass because he was just that damn slow. so i started to back off thinking that it was a waste of time and all the sudden the guy slams on his brakes and startes fishtailing till he came to a dead stop, so i slamed on mine and luckely didnt hit the guy, then i pulled up next to him and said "what the F*cks your problem, why the hell did you slam on your brakes" and hes like "stop riding my ass" me "what! why would you floor it if you didnt want to race, or pass that dude, and either way why would you slam your brakes with two people right behind you dumbsh*t" him "learn to drive" as he floors it drives off again, so having no problem catching back up to him i followed him for a while with my brights on, then turned off. me learn how to drive! i didnt stop on a road with two people behind me! sorry for the long story, it was just a thought.
Maxxpwr

Did you ever stop to think that you might have instigated the racing activity?

You typify all the stupid street racers out there... bragging that you were racing such and such a car. What if something happened while you were passing the the other car at 90 miles an hour?

Honestly... I'm glad he slammed on his brakes. Maybe it will make you think a little more next time when you decide that someone is rying to race just cause they passed you on the street.

Save the racing for the drag strip where you aren't endangering anybody else's life.

Maxxpwr said:
every Civic owner ive known or raced has been slightly cool, like waving off after a race or what not. but last night i pulled out of the movie theater planing on turning left when i realized a black V-tec civic with a body kit, ground affects, aftermarket taillights, and an aftermarket exhaust passed me, i jumped at the oppertunity and turned right to follow him, after pulling behind him and reving my engine he quickly downshifted and started racing. we were on a one lane road but were coming up to a two lane so i just stayed behind him, he was a joke! i had to let off cuz i kept comin right on his ass when i floored in 4th gear, so then there was a car infront of us and he hauled around him going at least 90, i did the same, again having a hard time not riding his ass because he was just that damn slow. so i started to back off thinking that it was a waste of time and all the sudden the guy slams on his brakes and startes fishtailing till he came to a dead stop, so i slamed on mine and luckely didnt hit the guy, then i pulled up next to him and said "what the F*cks your problem, why the hell did you slam on your brakes" and hes like "stop riding my ass" me "what! why would you floor it if you didnt want to race, or pass that dude, and either way why would you slam your brakes with two people right behind you dumbsh*t" him "learn to drive" as he floors it drives off again, so having no problem catching back up to him i followed him for a while with my brights on, then turned off. me learn how to drive! i didnt stop on a road with two people behind me! sorry for the long story, it was just a thought.
Maxxpwr

benimal said:

You typify all the stupid street racers out there... bragging that you were racing such and such a car. What if something happened while you were passing the the other car at 90 miles an hour?

Honestly... I'm glad he slammed on his brakes. Maybe it will make you think a little more next time when you decide that someone is rying to race just cause they passed you on the street.

Save the racing for the drag strip where you aren't endangering anybody else's life.

man i just saw him and reved at him cuz his car was decent lookin from the outside, it was him that started the race, if he didnt want to i wouldve had no problem, its just gay that he would race then be a sore loser bout it and slam on his brakes and put all our lives in danger, it was a dead road except that one dude, its not like i was cuting people off or anything.

lets not rag to mucho on this guy... we have all been thru the dumb race age what ever age it was and have done something dumb in our car not nesisaraly the MSP but some car but ppl will be ppl and will learn from experience...

[sarcasm] Well that explains it all. [/sarcasm]

Again I am missing how passing you on road constitutes intent to race. Maybe he was in a hurry to get home or whatever. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt over you, although I think you were both idiots to be doing that on a "dead road". It obviously wasn't all that dead if there was one other person on there. Who knows what might've been up ahead if you continued on.... I guess you do since I don't know the area.

Call me an asshole, killjoy, loser, fogey or whatever. There've been enough incidents recently where people were killed due to street racing or just driving altogether beyond their abilities.

Again I'll emphasize - save the racing for the track. If you want to just whip out your dick to show him it's bigger, then fine do that. Endangering you life and others on public roads is nothing to brag or whine about.

Ok I'm done with my soapbox.

Maxxpwr said:
man i just saw him and reved at him cuz his car was decent lookin from the outside, it was him that started the race, if he didnt want to i wouldve had no problem, its just gay that he would race then be a sore loser bout it and slam on his brakes and put all our lives in danger, it was a dead road except that one dude, its not like i was cuting people off or anything.

Mutmatt said:
lets not rag to mucho on this guy... we have all been thru the dumb race age what ever age it was and have done something dumb in our car not nesisaraly the MSP but some car but ppl will be ppl and will learn from experience...

That's the thing, though, not all of us have had the urge to race on the street. I think my life is worth a hell of a lot more than some schmuck who wants to rev at me or has a ground kit, yadda yadda yadda.

Ben

True but at some time in your life i'm sure u had that urge... some ppl just have the common sence to hold that foot on the brake and not the gas :)

Mutmatt said:
True but at some time in your life i'm sure u had that urge... some ppl just have the common sence to hold that foot on the brake and not the gas :)

I resemble that remark ;)

benimal said:

THis is totally true here...you went after the civic...And who should have the bad rep here....YOU...He didnt chase you down to race...you played like a little punk rice boy and chased a car that you knew was probably slower...go pick on something thats a challenge....And I would have done the same thing to your dumb ass but I would have followed by getting out immediately with my BFS...The BIG ****** STICK for those who dont know....Also known as a spun aluminum bat.(boom03)

Racing

Maxxpwr said:

Sorry man, I don't think that you are going to get much love from anyone around here in regards to street racing.

Yeah, I totally agree with you - there are a crap load of tarted up Civics here in Vancouver that have NO go at all. However, racing on open streets is STUPID!!! I have to admit that if someone came up behind me and started "revving" his engine I would have a pretty good chuckle inside. I don't think that I would try and race around another car on a single lane road at 90 mph, but I'd try to pull away. I also have to admit that I have pulled the hard brake thing before is someone is riding my ass - though hard enought to fish tail is totally out of control.

Any how - I think what you did was kinda jack ass in the first place, but to hit the brakes that hard is over the top stupid!!

Welcome to the forum by the way - I love the yellow that the MSP came in. Nice car choice!!!

i've always wondered how you would acknowledge a car on the road. hi beams? hazards? nothing? i guess a thumbs up out the window would be good but what about at night?

hey... plz keep your comments like that to yourself... i am 17 but i consider myself quite mature! and it is possible to be a dumb ass 25 year old 35 year old 45 55 65 the list goes on and on you just have to have a brain and not a lead foot! so don't generalize

ForceFed said:
THis is totally true here...you went after the civic...And who should have the bad rep here....YOU...He didnt chase you down to race...you played like a little punk rice boy and chased a car that you knew was probably slower...go pick on something thats a challenge....And I would have done the same thing to your dumb ass but I would have followed by getting out immediately with my BFS...The BIG ****** STICK for those who dont know....Also known as a spun aluminum bat.(boom03)

he had aftermarket parts all over his car, i thought he would be a good challange considering i was stock. i had no idea he was that slow or i wouldnt of bothered. and im sorry if it came out wrong but its not like i look around for cars on the street to race all day or anything, but ive been saving up for this car for the past 2 years and just got it, ive got a new car that the last couple weeks ive been alittle over excited seeing what it can do. and im not saying i wasnt being a dumbass by doing what i did, but my point was i almost hit the guy because he braked hard enough to fishtail. which was way more dumbass than what i did. or WE did?

blizzard said:
Sorry man, I don't think that you are going to get much love from anyone around here in regards to street racing.

Yeah, I totally agree with you - there are a crap load of tarted up Civics here in Vancouver that have NO go at all. However, racing on open streets is STUPID!!! I have to admit that if someone came up behind me and started "revving" his engine I would have a pretty good chuckle inside. I don't think that I would try and race around another car on a single lane road at 90 mph, but I'd try to pull away. I also have to admit that I have pulled the hard brake thing before is someone is riding my ass - though hard enought to fish tail is totally out of control.

Any how - I think what you did was kinda jack ass in the first place, but to hit the brakes that hard is over the top stupid!!

Welcome to the forum by the way - I love the yellow that the MSP came in. Nice car choice!!!

thanks

Maxxpwr said:
he had aftermarket parts all over his car, i thought he would be a good challange considering i was stock. i had no idea he was that slow or i wouldnt of bothered. and im sorry if it came out wrong but its not like i look around for cars on the street to race all day or anything, but ive been saving up for this car for the past 2 years and just got it, ive got a new car that the last couple weeks ive been alittle over excited seeing what it can do. and im not saying i wasnt being a dumbass by doing what i did, but my point was i almost hit the guy because he braked hard enough to fishtail. which was way more dumbass than what i did. or WE did?

I'll give you props cause you helped flesh things out a little bit. We can't fault you for being happy with your purchase especially if you've saved for the past two years.

Sounds like you at least got something useful out of this thread, although the comment about not bothering because you a know a person/car is slow still leaves me leery.

In any case, enoy your car in a safe manner. It can be fun - just save the racing for when you are wearing a helmet (not a condom).

Ben

Glad this cleaned itself up a bit. Let's keep it that way.

Don't go wrecking that yellow MSP, or I will come after you!

-Ryan

I can justify a little fun and or racing up to 60 or 65 mph but but a 4th gear pull come on man. It's not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back