Looking to buy...

blackdubs

Well, I am a bit curious to how much people are paying. I have been researching the 3 for the past couple of weeks and really feel it would be a nice care for me.

I have been talking to a few dealers and here is the best deal I have:

2004 Mazda 3 s 4-Door
Manual
Navigation System
HID Bulbs
17" Rims

Price: $18,750

What do you guys think?

Hey that sounds like a decent deal
i paid about a 1000 less (though it includes taxes, and other fees) and i didnt get the rims, nor the HIDs nor the nav system, but i got the sunroof/6-disc changer.
where are you from?

blackdubs said:
Well, I am a bit curious to how much people are paying. I have been researching the 3 for the past couple of weeks and really feel it would be a nice care for me.

2004 Mazda 3 s 4-Door
Manual
Navigation System
HID Bulbs
17" Rims

What do you guys think?

watch out for other charges.... dont be pressured into paying money for sh!t you dont need. if you feel like your being taken for a ride, get up and walk out.

blackdubs said:

2004 Mazda 3 s 4-Door
Manual
Navigation System
HID Bulbs
17" Rims

What do you guys think?

By HID do you mean the Xenon TPMS package? I'm pretty sure that you have to get that with the ABS/Side air bags at least for the U.S. If that's the case you're right at what consumer reports says the wholesale is (invoice - the dealerholdbacks and other incentives) and I think that's a good deal. If by HID is something else and you're not getting these two packages I'm not to sure what to think.

Where do you live?

I paid 18.2 for 5dr (3s engine/sport package) with auto trans, abs/side air bags, moonroof/6cd.

dulog said:
By HID do you mean the Xenon TPMS package? I'm pretty sure that you have to get that with the ABS/Side air bags at least for the U.S. If that's the case you're right at what consumer reports says the wholesale is (invoice - the dealerholdbacks and other incentives) and I think that's a good deal. If by HID is something else and you're not getting these two packages I'm not to sure what to think.

Where do you live?

I paid 18.2 for 5dr (3s engine/sport package) with auto trans, abs/side air bags, moonroof/6cd.

Nav also requires safety package.

are you getting a brand new car or one thats used for dealer test drives.

Last edited:
where the hell are you people getting your info from?

Nav system DOES NOT require the safety package. It requires a choice of one other package, which means either Sport Package, ABS/Airbag Package, or HID. Now, if you get the HID package, you must get the Sport Package and ABS Package.

Go to www.kbb.com and around the middle of the page there is a link that is titled "Build a New Car." Just click that and follow the links to build you Mazda 3. It gives you invoice and MSRP. The price you should be paying is arund invoice or less. A few hundred bucks over invoice is fine, but any money over invoice you pay is just a gift to the dealer. Even at invoice price they make plenty of money.

Blackdubs, from what you listed, I am thinking that the HID bulbs and the rims are not factory installed. Or perhaps the nav system is not factory. The combo you listed doesn't add up when you look at www.kbb.com, but you're the one who is dealing with the car in person, I am just some dude on the internet. I highly encourage you to check out www.kbb.com or edmunds or other reputable car sites to help you in your decision regarding the price. Make sure they are talking about factory options, not aftermarket. Aftermarket, as you probably know, is a rip off when you buy stuff on a new vehicle. They mark up products you could put on your own. Good luck.

BrewMaster said:
Consumer Reports.
BrewMaster said:
Nav system DOES NOT require the safety package. It requires a choice of one other package, which means either Sport Package, ABS/Airbag Package, or HID. Now, if you get the HID package, you must get the Sport Package and ABS Package.
I know/agreed.
BrewMaster said:
Go to www.kbb.com and around the middle of the page there is a link that is titled "Build a New Car." Just click that and follow the links to build you Mazda 3. It gives you invoice and MSRP. The price you should be paying is arund invoice or less. A few hundred bucks over invoice is fine, but any money over invoice you pay is just a gift to the dealer. Even at invoice price they make plenty of money.

Blackdubs, from what you listed, I am thinking that the HID bulbs and the rims are not factory installed. Or perhaps the nav system is not factory. The combo you listed doesn't add up when you look at www.kbb.com, but you're the one who is dealing with the car in person, I am just some dude on the internet. I highly encourage you to check out www.kbb.com or edmunds or other reputable car sites to help you in your decision regarding the price. Make sure they are talking about factory options, not aftermarket. Aftermarket, as you probably know, is a rip off when you buy stuff on a new vehicle. They mark up products you could put on your own. Good luck.
I've been to these sites. Base invoice prices between C.R. and KBB match up (15,855 after dest. charge). Options match too. His 18750 price is a few bucks over C.R. wholesale which is just a few hundred under invoive w/ dest + options.
15855 + 1505 (nav) + 421 (sport pkg) + 688 (ABS/SAB/SAC) + 602 (Xenon & TPMS) = 19071
18750 would not be impossible to get to especially if he's eligibile for either the college grad or customer loyalty rebate. However, from the information blackdubs gave it's unclear if these are the packages he's getting or not which is why people asked for clarification already.

BrewMaster said:

From the MazdaUSA.com site:

"You have selected NAVIGATION SYSTEM
This requires the addition of

XENON & TPMS PACKAGE
ABS/SAB/SAC PACKAGE ($1500 to MSRP)
Are you sure you want to select NAVIGATION SYSTEM?"

where the hell are we getting our info from?

test.jpg

Good point zoomer. If you hadn't already taken the sport package (for the 17in wheels he mentioned) on the 4dr it would want you to add that too.

Back