Looking for Winter Rims

Pistons

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GS
Hey guys, I'm buying new winter tires and rims.....need some help on the rims. I was looking at costco.ca and this is what I see, what do you think? I wanted to buy 17" winter tires, so obviously 17" rims is what I need, I guess the "X99142N" is what I would need? I just concerned that the rims might not be a perfect fit, what do you think?

CX5 Rims.jpg

Maybe you can refer to Tirerack's website in the US? Then buy the same size in Canada.

BTW, I got 16 inch Sparco wheels for my winter tires.
It has the same bolt-pattern and offset as the OEM, but they came with center ring inserts in the wheels for fitting the wheels on the hubs.

photo 2-2.JPG

Last edited:
I'm wondering when all the OEM 17" rims coming off sport and touring models will hit the market as economical winter tire rims, since nobody seems to want them for anything other that doorstops currently!

I'm wondering when all the OEM 17" rims coming off sport and touring models will hit the market as economical winter tire rims, since nobody seems to want them for anything other that doorstops currently!

The OEM CX-5 alloy 17's are actually very nice wheels in terms of weight/strength/build quality. Better than many aftermarket replacements. Not long ago you would expect to pay a premium for such nice wheels but they are standard on the CX-5.

I think they look pretty good too but that is my subjective opinion.

Follow shsolus recommendation, go to Tirerack's website and you will definitively get the right fit for your CX-5.

Last Saturday my wife and I closed a deal on a 2014 CX-5 GT AWD and it's going to be delivered in the upcoming weeks; in the meantime, I'm getting the Kosei K4R 17" x 7 for our new baby!

kosei_k4r_lg_ci3_l.jpg

t7u4.png

I'm using my old '04 Mazda3 OEM 17" wheels. Got them around '06 from a scrapyard for around $350. They have since been used as winter wheels for my '10 CX-7 and now the CX-5.

Most 17" OEM Mazda wheels will work fine. Gives you that 100% Mazda look...

zob35138f.jpg

Back