Looking for small battery operated clock

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
It's probably just that I'm getting old, but it seems that I have to hunt to find/see the clock on the infotainment screen since it's in a different place depending on the menu.

I'm looking for a small battery operated 1 or 2 inch lighted clock to place somewhere. There's plenty out there but I think you need to hit a button to get the back light on so I'm looking for a battery operated one, maybe AAA instead of the more expensive button batteries. I know it's easy, but I really don't want to wire one up, though I'm sure the battery drain would be next to nothing.

Edit: Never mind. I found several that can plug in/or wired, that have battery backup to keep time, otherwise uses 12v lighter or can be wired (I'll use the add-a-circuit tap)

Last edited:
If possible, let us know what you end up going with, how you set it up and if you're happy with it...Thanks!

Years ago, shortly after I got my 2014 GT, I had trouble looking away from the road to see the clock too. My issue is that the numbers are red, the clock is down low and I am colorblind. So it was very hard to see it at a quick glance. At that time one of the members on this CX-5 board made custom instrument pods in various configurations for our vehicles. I chose one that built upon (actually replaced) the driver side defroster vent. I bought a 12 volt clock to fit the pod and wired it up. Display only comes on when vehicle is running and dims with dash lights at night. Perfect solution for me!

20131119_175631_LLS.jpg
20131119_174919_LLS.jpg

Amazon has several. Lighter plug (could hard wire) and battery back up to keep time when engine is off

Back