Looking for new tires for specific wheel

Hi, I hope I dont sound stupid, I just have a really dumb question to ask. I bought these Excel wheels http://www.wheelmax.com/product.asp?ProdId=11040 a while back and they came with crappy/ok tires (hankook k106 215/35/18). Now the time has come to replace these with a quality tire. I am looking for something under $115 per tire, performance tire, decent in rain, but an over all tire that will last a decent amount of time. I looked at the Hankook Ventus H405. This is the dumb part of the question. The k106's i Have now are low profile tires. Does the height of the tire have anything to do with the "215/35/18" size? For example is there such thing as ordering "hankook ventus h405 LOW PROFILE" as opposed to ordering "hankook ventus H405 REGULAR". I really cant explain this well at all. Sorry if it confuses anyone. Basically what tires can i use with the specific wheels that I bought? Can any tire with the 215/35/18 specification work with these wheels and will the tire wall height be the same for all tires?

Pretty much in a nutshell the "35" in the 215/35/18 is the tire sidewall height. I believe it is some ratio with the 215 which is the width. If you get 35 series tires it is gonna be really really low profile and the ride is probably gonna suck. Hankook makes good tires. I have several different tires from them and they were all good. I hear from many people that the k106 tires are hankooks crappiest performance tire. The Ventus HR II H405 (the tires you are talking about) and the Ventus sport K104s are awesome tires. I had the Ventus HR II H405 on my hyundai tiburon and they gripped very well for a budget tire and the sidewall was stiff and loss of traction was predictable. The Ventus sport K104 are even better than the H405 but they will wear out faster. I would get both of those over the k106. As I recalls there was a member on newtiburon.com that loved hankook and tired both H405 and K104 and then went to the k106 and said they sucked. So stick with the H405 and K104. The
chitownballer said:
Hi, I hope I dont sound stupid, I just have a really dumb question to ask. I bought these Excel wheels http://www.wheelmax.com/product.asp?ProdId=11040 a while back and they came with crappy/ok tires (hankook k106 215/35/18). Now the time has come to replace these with a quality tire. I am looking for something under $115 per tire, performance tire, decent in rain, but an over all tire that will last a decent amount of time. I looked at the Hankook Ventus H405. This is the dumb part of the question. The k106's i Have now are low profile tires. Does the height of the tire have anything to do with the "215/35/18" size? For example is there such thing as ordering "hankook ventus h405 LOW PROFILE" as opposed to ordering "hankook ventus H405 REGULAR". I really cant explain this well at all. Sorry if it confuses anyone. Basically what tires can i use with the specific wheels that I bought? Can any tire with the 215/35/18 specification work with these wheels and will the tire wall height be the same for all tires?

Latest posts

Back