Looking for an IPhone 4 mount

vinceqt

:
2011 Mazda 2
I just bought a brand new 2011 mazda 2 and Im looking for a dashboard mount or air vent mount that fits in my car that would hold iphone4 nicely. The old air vent mount I had from my previous car doesnt fit at all in the curvy air vent. I dont really like the windshield mounts and I dont want to buy/try/return.. so im asking: Whats everyone using as a mount? Pictures would be great :)

I have a droidx but Im a fan of windshield mounts...especially on the mazda2..since its so small..dash is all rounded...you could get the sticker mount to stick but I dont like the look and the danger of messing up your dash over time. The windshield is so close since the 2 is such a small car..its the way to go. Amazon sells a ton of them for the iphone..but keep in mind a lot of them arent as hardcore as youd want...I personally like the verizon one for my droid that has screw in clamping positions and is pretty solid.

Thanks for your input I'll look into it. The thing im afraid off with a windshield mount is is it gonna be stable? Will I have to remove and replug it onto the windshield often because it wont hold? And during winters here in quebec its common to have some kind of icing in the interior of the windshield so it would be hard to plug this on the windshiled wouldnt it?

I have a droidx but Im a fan of windshield mounts...especially on the mazda2..since its so small..dash is all rounded...you could get the sticker mount to stick but I dont like the look and the danger of messing up your dash over time. The windshield is so close since the 2 is such a small car..its the way to go. Amazon sells a ton of them for the iphone..but keep in mind a lot of them arent as hardcore as youd want...I personally like the verizon one for my droid that has screw in clamping positions and is pretty solid.

They clamp the suction cup on now its not the cup you grew up sticking on windows that would fall off. I use it for racing to record my videos...they are sturdy. It will work in the cold as long as you put it on tightly the 1st time....no worries. most come with a sticky flat dash mount as well for the suction cup if you so desire.

ya i have one for my GPS, and the sticky flat dash mount dosent work soo well due to the NOT flat dash in the M2 and the material has a pattern that makes it hard to stick stuff to!!! mine fell off, and i hate having stuff stuck on my window, so im lookin into getting something put in the car to the right of the radio, above the glovebox so i can suction it to that!

If i can find one that I like I'll post about it.. I wanted to order one online that would fit for sure in my car but for now Im planning on buying from a local store I can return it to if Im not satisfied

I've been thinking with a nice angular piece, a dremel and some sort of adhesive, you could make a really nice charging/aux dock for an ipod/iphone or any device in that smaller cubby hole before the first cupholder. It'd be a nice DIY project! 8)

http://www.proclipusa.com

You choose the mount and the device holder. You can choose it for an Iphone with or without a case. My bf has one for his RX8 and they are nice. Unfortunately, it attached down at the center console.

Its too low for me since Im using the iphone as a gps with the garmin app but Im considering it, that is a great site though but not many options for my mazda 2. I tried another air vent mount today but returned it, it wasnt clipping tight at all and would easily fall down. Looks like I will have to try a windshield mount next..

Back