Looking for a performance boost for my P5 Auto

if you get a header you'll need to use a "non fouler" on the first o2 sensor so you don't throw a cel

Hmm ok so with the new header I will be able to install the o2 sensor but I will need to get something else to stop from getting a MIL?

injen and aem are the ones many of the proteges use for intakes...never had a a header

Last edited:
I would Pm CR3 Motorsports he got me everything i needed at a better price and shipping to Canada was not as bad either.. Some of the US companies are not nice when it comes to shipping to us Canadians..

injen and aem are the ones many of the proteges use for intakes...never had a a header

I am happy to leave the stock manifold on the car, I have no interest in just changing things for sound or for very little gain. I have been viewing many video's where the ones with the headers seem to really bring out the rice in the exhaust note. I am leaning more to just the Injen, Magnaflow high flow direct fit cat and either the RacingBeat or Magnaflow cat back system. I am sure I read somewhere that one of the quietest catbacks was the RacingBeat but I can't find that info again.

I will say I am in my late 30's and am looking to improve my car tastefully not as I may have done when in my 20's, I am sure if I start to like it more and get the bug I may jump into some of the more advance mods but at this time I am just concentrating on a bit more output and mileage. Trust me when I say all the responces have been and are very helpful and getting threw this research stage of the process and I am enjoying coming on here and reading what you all have suggested along with some of these amazing build threads.

Thanks
Sean

The biggest thing the header seems to upgrade is top end of you've noticed at around 6500 they fall flat on their face and 2nd is gears weird so it doesn't help with it any

Well then I will leave the header then :) I am running Auto and no need to be in the 6500 rpm range :)

Dude, my 10 yr old NA sportautotragic still pulls 31 mpg using AC, without the interior all stripped out or anything all drilled out like swiss cheese or missing creature comforts like a track car. PM for recipe if interested...........

Very interested, PM on it's way :)
Also check out Tamn's build thread above. Lots of ideas on lightening up stuff for bunch more mpg. Just not sure how your wife would feel about some of them but do check it out..............

Back