Looking at buying a 2 soon and had a question...

I don't think it's worth buying the used one, honestly. I paid under 15k OTD for my Touring, and if you're financing the $2k difference is almost negligible in your monthly payments. A modified car that was traded in that quickly tends not to have been treated very well and will probably be nothing but trouble. You also get your choice of color, don't have to fix the messed up parts, get a full new car warranty, and get USB iPod/etc connectivity if you just buy a new '13.

Good points. Still looking at new. The one part of the 2 selling so slowly that I like is that some dealers still have some brand new 2012s left at low prices as the 2013s roll in. Gotta work it.

I tell ya, this lady must really not want to sell a car if she's gonna blow me off over $6XX in b.s. dealer fees that I'm not going to pay on a 2012 that's just been sitting on the lot as the 2013s roll in. She didn't even try to negotiate. That's ok, though. If she doesn't want to help me, I'm sure another sales associate, her manager or another dealer will be glad to and I made that clear in my last correspondence.

Hang in there, I had to drive 8 hours to get mine but it was worth it. Other dealers were wanting like 18-19k for a touring because they were going to have to do a dealer trade (bs)

I always replace my stock wheels on my cars.
I knew I wouldn't ever use Cruise Control.
Every trip computer I've owned has lied to me!
I don't like silly red piping on seats.
I'm not a big fan of the appearance of the fog lights on this car either (the silver bezel-ring kills it for me) and I know from past cars with fog lights that these don't make that much of a difference in vision.
Steering wheel-controls radio controls are wack especially when the radio is 6 inches from your hand and closer if you're shifting, and in general I want to replace the steering wheel eventually, too..
I wanted a sportier looking spoiler if I ever did get one, too.

So, the sport was the choice for me, but if all of those options are something that makes it or breaks it for you, there you go.

Totally agree. But like samsavell said, it's really a personal choice.

Back