Look What Arrived today!

:
Mazdaspeed3, Mazda2 Yozora Ed., RX-8 R3
A nice surprise! I wasn't expecting these for a while yet. It's just so cold to pit them on... Of course I'm already going to be in the garage putting a new bhr coilpack on the rx8....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    828 KB · Views: 302
A nice surprise! I wasn't expecting these for a while yet. It's just so cold to pit them on... Of course I'm already going to be in the garage putting a new bhr coilpack on the rx8....

I like it.

image_zpsf4749d63.jpg

Here's mine..haha. I'm thinking about putting them on my truck and getting something like "MZ DEMIO" on my 2. Or I might just get something like "SUPR 10" on the truck :D

I know this is a little OT but how do you like the boomerang armrest? I have been back and forth over and armrest since I got this car, I'm just a touch worried about a) looks. B) interference with shifting on a MT and c) blocking my view of my volt gauge that's installed in the small square pocket next to the ebrake... Can you comment on those? Most importantly the interference with shifting...

I like it.

Here's mine..haha. I'm thinking about putting them on my truck and getting something like "MZ DEMIO" on my 2. Or I might just get something like "SUPR 10" on the truck :D

image_zps23ce1093.jpg

It shouldn't block your gauge at all. It actually helps me shift because having my arm/elbow resting on it steadies my arm, doesn't get in the way at all. I like the looks of it, it matches the interior nicely. It is well worth the cost because it makes the car so much more comfortable. I don't think you could go wrong with the boomerang or the oem one.

Yeah. It also has a flip up top with storage and a slide out cupholder

Yea the boomerang is nice for cruising and lazy shifting. If I feel like I need some more spirited driving, I will flip it up and it is completely out of the way and it feels like OEM with you supporting your arm weight and such. Some people say it needs to be an inch lower, which would still feel nice, however that limits how usable the cup holders and cubby holes are more.

I frequently drive with a nice tall travel mug in my front cupholder spot and it not an issue. However, the pull-out cupholder integrated into the boomerang, is not very useable for cups while driving. That does get in the way of shifting.

Overall, the added comfort it can add to a long drive makes it well worth the investment in my book. And it would be very easy to remove if you wanted to.

I wonder how the OEM one compares as far as height, and shifting and space it takes up.

Back