list the MSP problems!!

2050 miles later, and no mechanical problems so far. I do get antenna interference when I use the rear defogger. I have a clunk free SPEED.

HP

BUT WAIT...... NO ONE HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE DAMM ALTERNATOR!!!! IT IS WAY UNDER POWERED. TRY DRIVING YOU MSP AT NIGHT AND YOU GOT THE RADIO ON DONT YOUR LIGHTS DIM AND SOME TIME A LACK OF POWER. WHEN EVER THE FAN COMES ON IT DRAW SO MUCH POWER YOUR LIGHTS DIM AND A WHOLE SYSTEM POWER DRAIN!!!!!! :mad: :wtf:

Last edited:
SOSPEED said:
BUT WAIT...... NO ONE HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE DAMM ALTERNATOR!!!! IT IS WAY UNDER POWERED. TRY DRIVING YOU MSP AT NIGHT AND YOU GOT THE RADIO ON DONT YOUR LIGHTS DIM AND SOME TIME A LACK OF POWER. WHEN EVER THE FAN COMES ON IT DRAW SO MUCH POWER YOUR LIGHTS DIM AND A WHOLE SYSTEM POWER DRAIN!!!!!!

I didn't mention it b/c mine doesn't do it, despite the excitable volume of your post.

I thought I had a problem with the A/C light, but it turns out I'm just an idiot.

When 2 people are in the back seat my exhaust rattles, but when there isn't anyone else in the car or just 1 passenger up front, no rattle... hmmm...

It cranks a little longer than you'd expect before firing up, but I've read thats a common Protege thing.

The rear view mirror vibrates when the bass hits hard. :D

Thats all!

I blew the weld between my downpipe and first catalytic converter. I took both convertoers out and replaced them with a straight pipe. :)

1. Titanium was supposed to be out mid april.
2. Its now May 5th.
3. I dont have my car but have had a deposit down for 2 months.
4. Wtf mazda

only 2 months and you're saying wtf? LOL
how about the 2003 msp owners that were told expected oct 2002? and got theirs march/april 2003? LOL

Caffeine said:
1. Titanium was supposed to be out mid april.
2. Its now May 5th.
3. I dont have my car but have had a deposit down for 2 months.
4. Wtf mazda

oh please, STFU!! :mad:

i had my deposit for at LEAST 6 months. more like 7.

My damn car is running like a beast. This s*** is just to fast. Every time I step on the gas, the s*** takes off on me. I am going crazy beating cars that try me. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hesistation...seems to get worse everyday...especially at 3K rpms...give it half a peddle of gas and she stumbles/hestiates along and then wham.

Rusted lug nuts for sitting in the port for too long

No clunk yet...it is warm and only 1500 KM's

Scoring on the front discs

Pulls a bit left but that could be road curve as the tires are fat and the road is not flat.

My baby is going in on the weekend for new discs, lug nuts and to look at the hestiation.

Otherwise great car....love driving it and for those complaining about the wait on the 2003.5...I waited a year to get my baby so do not complain....it will be fall by the time the 03.5 arrive at dealers in Canada...that is my best guess.

My damn car is running like a beast. This s*** is just to fast. Every time I step on the gas, the s*** takes off on me. I am going crazy beating cars that try me. Does anyone else have this problem?

that's definitely one of the problems I can handle! the other problem is all the compliments I get from other enthusiasts....mine is black so only enthusiasts seem to know what time it is (2thumbs)

Heathen23 said:

that's definitely one of the problems I can handle! the other problem is all the compliments I get from other enthusiasts....mine is black so only enthusiasts seem to know what time it is (2thumbs)

Geezzz!!!!!!!!!!

That's another problem I have.
To many compliments about the Orange. I might need to bring her in to see what is wrong with her color.

My brushed aluminum covers (shotgun arm rest on door,center stick console) are seperating and coming off.

Ok Tennetard...

Splain your coolant leak AGR.
Where is it and how did you notice it?

Re: Ok Tennetard...

yashooa said:
Splain your coolant leak AGR.
Where is it and how did you notice it?

Well; hello Bones! It's green and slimey - oozing out of the T connection - lower part (to the left of the BOV) Under the top hose connection that leads to the radiator. Only thing uglier, is the infamous Magic Turd (pukey).

It appears to have sealed itself up. But the leak is obvious. MemphisRacer noticed a bit on his, too.

1. coolant leak, i noticed it on mine after i noticed it on AGR's
2. ecu went out 2nd week i had it, detonating its nuts off on the interstate, switched ecu out, no further problems of that nature.
3. clunk when cold, not too loud though
4. hesitation around 4grand and same loss of pull in third gear

Back