LinuxRacr's Car Progress Log..

Update..

The car is back together, but I don't feel as glad as I thought I would.. (shrug) I think a few folks are pissed at me.. :(

Here I was today working on installing the new condensor. They forgot to ship one screw, and I couldn't charge the system today. Will have to do it tomorrow...

normal_DSCF0810.JPG

normal_DSCF0809.JPG

Here the car is put back together:
normal_DSCF0813.JPG

normal_DSCF0814.JPG

I finish up on the car tomorrow, then it is time to pay up...
I had ordered a Fiber Images EVO style hood thru JDM Sam (*************.com), and we ended up canceling the order. They shipped it any-*******-way... (pissed) According to Sam, I "boned out" on the order. I did...
normal_DSCF0815.JPG

We ended up test-fitting said hood to my car. I am keeping my other one though....
normal_DSCF0811.JPG

normal_DSCF0812.JPG

No, it didn't come with any type of EVO mesh! It is a bad-ass hood thought with rolled edges!!!

Last edited:
i suggest customcargrills.com. They have good stuff (what I used on my hood). I plan on using it in place of the current plastic grills as well. I use the black powdercoated small hexagon. You can order a sample pack for like $5

damn patrick the car looks awesome. i shall call it pimp juice from now on...you plan on selling one of those cf hoods?

oh yeah, if you have cats in the neighborhood, watch out for them using the warmth from the engine on cold nights. Very problematic for me. I am planning on making a hard cover to use. Maybe with some spikes to keep the cats off, similar to the spikes on things to keep birds off. Mine will be rubber or plastic or something. Just enough to keep the cats off, but not enough to scratch the car.

looks GREAT..sorry to hear about the troubles your having, even though I am still confused as to what they are haah

It's ok guys. The EVO style CF hood will be in a GI (Guaging Interest) thread. If it would have came with a mesh grille, it probably would be on my car right now. Sam was right, that hood is bad-ass! Dana, who is carexpressions?

Last edited:
I don't know what it takes to paint CF, but i think your car would be super sexy with yhe hood painted blue down the sides, still your car looks awesome!

Edit: get the front mount on there too... :)

patrick i can get you a vent for the evo hood if you really want one...

...i got an email from xenarc again on the screen, i will copy you in on it

Did you already send me that e-mail? I just checked, and there was nothing about the Xenarc. Guess I won't have it for the trip.. :( I know it is not your fault, so it's cool.

LinuxRacr said:
Did you already send me that e-mail? I just checked, and there was nothing about the Xenarc. Guess I won't have it for the trip.. :( I know it is not your fault, so it's cool.

well no, its not cool because they swore up and down it would be in your hands by now. check once more i resent his reply to me but basically its another delay.

Back