LinuxRacr's Car Progress Log..

Painting the Front Lip, Sideskirts, and Rear Valence

DSCF0800.JPG

DSCF0801.JPG

DSCF0803.JPG

DSCF0804.JPG

i spent my free time starting the wiring inside the car. took the seats out for easier access to the ecu. Also for the silencing materials i have. i had to go slowly when i found that there are color differences in the wiring harness of 99 models. good thing i have a service manual and wiring diagram book. the e6x is just about wired inside now. i just have to tap the ignition wire, but i need a larger gauge wire. then thriugh the firewall.

check it out, i sent this with my new dell axim x50v!

only one thing comes to mind...

So Fresh and So Clean Clean....

nice linux REALLLLL nice..its gonnna look gorgeous when it rolls out..cant wait to see it

wow, it looks great now, I can't wait to see it all put back together and with a sexy fmic!

I got an update from Sam yesterday who went by the shop. He says that my car is pretty much put back together (with the execption of the front bumper and sideskirts). The only problem is that the 28 plastic clips that hold on the sideskirts are all old, cracked, and seem to be one-time use. I will have to go to the stealership and order 28 new clips. Hopefully I won't get raped on the price. Another thing I am still waiting for is my new condensor. I sure hope I don't have to drive to AZ with no A/C!

you might consider checking mazdaformance.com pricing on those. They could ship them to you, instead of having to wait for the order, and it will likely be a lot cheaper. I have ordered a lot of stuff from them, and it has been anywhere from 15% to 50% cheaper than my dealer.

EDIT: you'll have to get a price quote from them at support@mazdaformance.com

LinuxRacr said:
I got an update from Sam yesterday who went by the shop. He says that my car is pretty much put back together (with the execption of the front bumper and sideskirts). The only problem is that the 28 plastic clips that hold on the sideskirts are all old, cracked, and seem to be one-time use. I will have to go to the stealership and order 28 new clips. Hopefully I won't get raped on the price. Another thing I am still waiting for is my new condensor. I sure hope I don't have to drive to AZ with no A/C!

I had to get some of those and they aren't the cheapest. I think they are like 3-5 bucks a piece. I bought only a few, maybe half, and spent around 30 bucks.

glyph said:
you might consider checking mazdaformance.com pricing on those. They could ship them to you, instead of having to wait for the order, and it will likely be a lot cheaper. I have ordered a lot of stuff from them, and it has been anywhere from 15% to 50% cheaper than my dealer.

EDIT: you'll have to get a price quote from them at support@mazdaformance.com

Good idea! I need to talk to Shawn anyway. I'll call him tomorrow. Thanks!

EDIT: Just talked to Shawn, and of course he doesn't work there anymore, but he did tell me who to get in contact with.

Last edited:
The clips and condenser will be here tomorrow (Tues). I took care of it before I went to work. The clips were $42 shipped for all 28. Tomorrow I should have my car back!

(alright)

Last edited:
where did you get the clips? and you do have forged internals, right? what else for engine build up (pulleys or other internal stuff)

Nothing else. About time to stop spending money on this car if I don't have to.

BTW, UPDATE!

I went by the shop after work, and installed the HKS SSQ BOV, and then to my "surprise" the GT Spec 4-Point Ladder Bar was there, so I installed that. (alright) Tomorrow when the clips and the A/C condenser should arrive. After that, the front bumper and the hood will will all go back on. The DG Auto EXE Front Lip looks sexy as hell on there!! Should be a great night tomorrow. (eekdance)

Last edited:
Back