Lighting

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
It's a shame you can't have the running/parking lights on at the same time the headlights are set to automatic. At least I don't think you can.

Do you have DRLs, Pitter?
If so, what do they look like?

Yes that's the idea. It would be nice to drive in the daytime with running lights on but have the headlights come on automatically at dusk. Shadonoz not sure, what are DRLs?

DRL are daytime running lights. On the 2019s (at least the US ones), they are the headlights turned on at a low setting (lower than the normal headlight intensity). The purpose is to increase the visibility of the front of the car to others during daylight.

Thank you, no I don't think I have DRLs. When I turn the car on there is no frontal lighting unless I turn it on.

It's a shame you can't have the running/parking lights on at the same time the headlights are set to automatic. At least I don't think you can.

I think you're right.

I wish the DRLs were just the accent lights outlining the headlights and not the actual headlights.

Less refined and classy with the headlights on a lower setting.

Last edited:
I wish the DRLs were just the accent lights outlining the headlights and not the actual headlights.

Agreed. I liked the separate segmented semi-circle that was on my 2016 GT w/ Tech better than the 2019 light. It looks like the headlights are on. However one of the DRLs burned out on my 2016 and the replacement cost was $1200 since it was all one integrated unit.

I think almost everyone does. They were the best looking DRLs. The current ones are embarrassingly bright and headlight-ish. DRLs are important, but they shouldn't blind oncoming drivers like these do. I wouldn't mind them if the headlight portion was about 2/3 of the current intensity.

Well I didn't know they come on when the vehicle is motion and turn off when stopped. What a nice feature. Learning, learning...

Well I didn't know they come on when the vehicle is motion and turn off when stopped. What a nice feature. Learning, learning...

To be clear, it's only the DRLs [which you said you don't have], and only when in Park, not merely stopped.

Latest posts

Back