Lewis7789 2002 Protege5 build thread (tons of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
... damn you Roy.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

On topic:
Lewis, good work with the lip, you made it pretty clean. Are you going to remove the side moldings? One of my favorite cosmetic enhancements for the p5.

DSC_8356.jpg

Thanks guys. Roy, I want to remove the side moldings, but I just did the little front panel molding and I STILL havent been able to get the glue off. heh-heh. I'll stop by Autozone tonight and get the 3M remover that everyone says works wonders. I love the way they look without the side moldings though, yours looks so nice and sleek.

How difficult was it, honestly, to remove it? Phen has a heat gun and it should be in the 60's this weekend and I've got nothing but time, 3M remover and elbow grease.

What are the two little "knots" on the front where the plate was? Are those the mounting screws or did you put caps into the holes?

They are just caps I picked up from Lowes and painted silver. I saw a thread that there is a company that ships out color matched caps for $30. Who the hell would pay that much for license plate caps!?

And now you can see the front end of my car is very chipped up and scratched, so don't feel bad about your MS3.

Thanks guys. Roy, I want to remove the side moldings, but I just did the little front panel molding and I STILL havent been able to get the glue off. heh-heh. I'll stop by Autozone tonight and get the 3M remover that everyone says works wonders. I love the way they look without the side moldings though, yours looks so nice and sleek.

How difficult was it, honestly, to remove it? Phen has a heat gun and it should be in the 60's this weekend and I've got nothing but time, 3M remover and elbow grease.

I'll give you a hand with it. I learned a few things the hard way while doing mine.

Very good looking car mang. I like the lip to.

Keep up the good work! (Now go remove those side moldings!)

I'll give you a hand with it. I learned a few things the hard way while doing mine.

For the love... get off your ass and walk into the other room where he is sitting and tell him this stuff..

You do know he will get the information much, much, much, faster that way!! (yes)

It was not difficult, but it was hard work. Still well worth it. Can't wait to see it without them!

Nothing difficult at all.

Buy some plastic razor blades, slip one behind the molding, slowly peel it off. Repeat for every molding (3 per side?)

Buy some Goo Be Gone, grab some towels, and those plastic razor blades you bought earlier. Spray it, scrape it, spray it, rub it with towel in circular motion until gone. Very repetitive and can take awhile. Might wanna pick a cool day to do it on to.... When your done, take pictures!!!

Get the super concentrated 3M adhesive remover...expensive, but makes it SOOOOO mush easier...stuff wiped right off mine...you will know which can I am talking about...it is about $20...I get it at NAPA...

That's exactly what I used when I did mine. That stuff ate right thru the adhesive.

^^^So true...I did a soak 3 different times and they literally slid right off...no work at all...soaked the left over on the car and it wiped off with a washcloth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back