Left headlight only works on highbeams after installing deck

Vewdu

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Alright so today I installed a new deck in my P5, JVC KDR540 which is a single din, so I had to use a double-single din adaptor. Yesterday both headlights were functioning on low beams, now ive noticed after installing the deck, only my right headlight works on low, but my left is out, and only works on the highbeam setting. I'm thinking I may have blown a fuse (Too dark to check outside right now, and rather tired), but im also worried that if I go out and purchase a pack of new fuses ($5) I'm either going to blow it again, or run the risk of blowing a different fuse (Given a blown fuse is the case).

Is there anything that could've happened outside of me popping a fuse that would cause this? Suggestions?

don't think the two are related either. but if there aren't any blown fuses, check the bulbs. I'd switch out a known good bulb with other headlamp harnesses just to make sure that there aren't any wiring issues or problems with the harness themselves. might be a lighting module issue too, that's the chip that controls which light gets switched on/off when you select different lamps. it's located somewhere around the in cabin fuse box, you're gonna have to look it up and get someone who knows modules to look at it.

Back