LED's for the Mazda and Mazdaspeed 3

pmeilakjr

:
Mazda, Mazdaspeed3, Red
LED Smoked Rear and Side Reflectors

I saw these lights on another thread in this Forum and thought I should post here with my review. The quality is very nice and it is a direct replacement for the stock reflectors in the rear. The led lights are also very cool - the pictures did not come out to well - need to use a tripod to hold the camera steady but you get the point (no flash). The side reflectors are very easy - the rear are another story (there is a philips screw holding in the reflector). I had to remove the screw from under the car - PITA - my hand got chewed up from the sharp edges of the frame. I got them from www.thexenonstore.com and they are not on the website - email Devin for the curent price. I wired them into the rear license plate lights - no problems.

Cheers!

Peter

Attachments

• _small_IMG_7987.jpg
    _small_IMG_7987.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 360
  • _small_IMG_7988.jpg
    _small_IMG_7988.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 407
  • _small_IMG_8119.jpg
    _small_IMG_8119.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 371
  • _small_IMG_8139.jpg
    _small_IMG_8139.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 484
  • _small_IMG_8147.jpg
    _small_IMG_8147.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 651
I've got them. Bought mine from The RPM Store though.

the ones in the back are set to come on as brake lights, and the ones on the sides work as turn signals.

Mine just came the other day. You were actually able to get your hand back there in the rear huh? Im thinking about just taking off the bumper to do it.

Revenant said:

the ones in the back are set to come on as brake lights, and the ones on the sides work as turn signals.

Sounds cool. I might have to look into this.

Revenant said:

how did u do that..that would be nice instead of jsut having lights turned on

I think if you take them apart, and grind the top of the LED so it is flat, and not round, it will make a 100% better difference. It will make the light distribution more even, and not so "spotty".

Also, I would spraypaint the sidemarkers red, so they look more stock.

I prefer more simple and subtle though, not everyone does.

it looks ok. i think leaving them as turn signals and brake lights arent a bad idea, but leaving them on at all times is seriously like christmas tree. (to quote: the MAN)

The more red lights I show in the rear at night so the moron behind me can see me the better I like it.

I really like the rear ones. You can hook them up to a switch and use them as fog lamps like the Euro cars.:)

i have the smoked ones as well, the rears are connected to the brake light so they onyl come on when i brake, abnd the sides are connected to the regular running lights so they stay on when driving and act as a rear side marker

Back