LED rings around the cupholders

Jasonstiller

:
Mazdaspeed 3
After seeing a dodge caliber commercial and seeing the Cupholders light up thinking how cool that would be, what do you guys think? What material would work best? Its irritating driving at night and having to fumble for my ID going through the gate plus it would look nice.

pics? plz
that is an interesting idea. i've definitely thought about adding some lights to the inside of this car...pics and maybe an explanation would be great!

Looks good and is defiently an option although what i was thinking was a full ring of LEDs around the perimiter of the cupholder. I was thinking about taking the center column off and dremeling holes for the led's to shine thru. That way you dont see the strip just the light. I was looking at these for the project.

http://www.oznium.com/thin-led-strip

just orderd mine...i had the daveb rings and sold them last yr, stupid, i've missed them since!

Those LED strips would have been fantastic across the top of the windshield frame in my Miata! I'd have happily paid $40 to have the light from 2 12" strips of white LEDs up there.

Ok ive found some electrolumenscent material that I will use. Its pretty subdued and looks great. same stuff they use in the calibers cupholders.

Ok ive found some electrolumenscent material that I will use. Its pretty subdued and looks great. same stuff they use in the calibers cupholders.

that stuff is pretty cool. I know it as EL Cable but it has several other names. Only drawback is they had noisey inverters.. That may have changed now.

Back