LED lights

jasma1

:
'10 MZ-5 GT
Guys,

Sorry to ask you this, but I have seen in this forum, some pics of a few guys who modified their back lights / turn signal, etc... with LEDs.

Although, I can't seem to locate these pics... Can somebody help? It would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jasma.

IMG00043.jpg

IMG_0046-4.jpg

not sure if you can see what you need here, but I replaced every single light on the car with LED

Hey Dima,

Did you install LEDs on the bottom "reflectors" too? How did you do that? What kind of socket did you use?

And do you see a big diff with the LEDs compared to the standard bulbs that you had, for your back lights? (flasher, reverse and brake)?

actually you can find the LED lit reflectors on ebay most of the time, they are the same part as the ones for the mazda3 they also make them in clear those are the ones im looking for or even the smoked ones.

yup, ebay it is, that's where I bought mine. Just like nismospeed says, they are the same as for Mazda 3 rear sidemarkers

Dima,

I would presume that you wired your lit reflectors to your factory parking lights wires? Are they also getting brighter when you brake? Or are they simply parking lights? It looks really sharp, all you did! I'm anxious to receive my LEDs that should arrive any time this week or beginning of next week...

Dima,

I would presume that you wired your lit reflectors to your factory parking lights wires? Are they also getting brighter when you brake? Or are they simply parking lights? It looks really sharp, all you did! I'm anxious to receive my LEDs that should arrive any time this week or beginning of next week...

LOL, thank you guys.
Those are just driving lights for now, but I'm going to be making them to work as a brake lights as well

Dima did you keep the standard fog lights? I'm just looking at your avatar right now. I've heard of people putting LED clusters in to replace those types of lights as well.

That's brilliant. Depending on price I may get a yellow set to see how it looks, but I have a feeling I'll be sticking with a true white color.

So I was looking around and found this it is a flexible LED lighting strips that look like from the new Audi R8 here is some of the specifications

- They are fully waterproof and can be mounted outside or inside your car.

- They are very easy to wire up as you just have 2 wires to connect to a 12volt supply. You can connect them to your side lights or even your inside door courtesy lights.

- These LEDs can be cut every third LED as long as you seal the ends with some silicone sealant.

The Flexible Bullet Style LED Strips come in 4 sizes

Ultra White Strips 24CM

Ultra White Strips 48CM

Ultra White Strips 72CM

Ultra White Strips 96CM

so here is some of the pics

Attachments

• LED1.jpg
    LED1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 399
IMG_0043-3.jpg

and no, I didn't remove the shield. BTW, these fog bulbs match my HIDs and my HIDs are 8000K, so at least you know what color I get with the fog lights

Last edited:
Very nice.

How about brightness and pattern? I know factory fogs are more like cornering lights.

Back