Led Lighting?

Sparky_86

:
2006 Mazdadspeed 6
I just got my first car that is actually worth something. And i'm wanting some ideas, I already put CAI on it, a BOV on it, and i'm getting exhaust.

Looks wise I need some help. I'm wanting to get the 7 color changing lights that glow under the car, and some kind of lighting for the interior floor too. Any Ideas of a certain brand? And are they hard to install?

Any suggestions would help greatly.

Interior LEDs are a cake walk. I changed out all of mine, took me less than 10 minutes to do all of them. I think Qwik6 had a write up somewhere in the Electronics Area. He did both an interior and an exterior write up. Let me find them quick and I will post the link...I used the websites/bulbs he recommended with MUCH success.

Heres the link:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123720853

The link for the exterior is somewhere in that thread. I used both sites, autolumination and super bright and have nothing, but great things to say as far as product, shipping, customer service, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the lighting swap. I was wondering about the underdash lights though. I was wondering about the lights that go underneath your dash in the tubes.

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/43000302/Images/2/08_DB8_BlueInterior_Diagram.jpg

Im thinking like this, darker, and under both the dash and the two bucket seats up front.

Maybe it would be cool to do both of em blue. The under dash and the LED swap. Any suggestions?

Oh and nice name atreyu. I love that band.

Its going to be very hard for you to find LEDs that arent so bright - i had the same problem when i went to choose lights, so i went with neons they arent as bright and they also give off a better effect and dont get hot ....ever...

So maybe you will want to look into neons rather then LEDs.

Ive thought about that, but I heard that neons will burn out and LEDs wont? I dunno if its true or not but I figure if it is then I may as well get the better stuff.

Have you put on the neons onto your car? If so do you have any pics of it?

I did at one point then i took them off for winter - and neons actually last longer then LEDs in my opinion and are a lot more flexible.

I actually only put the back one and put the front one inside the grille.. Because i didnt want to have problems jacking it up.

I actually took one of my bars because i decided not to use them on the car anymore and wired it to a USB cable for my computer for lighting. and i leave it on 24/7 never gets hot and never burns out.

Here are some photos of how it use to look, granted this was with the stock grille - but it still turned some heads.

SANY0634.jpg

SANY0633.jpg

SANY0637.jpg

SANY0636.jpg

I also like the neons because they give a better effect, more of a glow effect - rather then how LEDs look like a flash lights shining through...i dunno guess it depends on your preferences. Its more of a gassy looking effect with neons...it pans out better across the surfaces it shines on.

I had also replaced all the lights inside the cabin to red. all except the visor lights so there would still be some normal lighting just in case, because it is hard to see colors if you need to other then red if you need to lol.

Wow,
Those look good. I kinda like how the grills glows colors. Im sure it turned some heads. I thought red was illegal though.

Neons do look like a better way to go. I would much rather have a glow than the single flashlight look of an led. I didnt know that they didnt get hot or burned out. Thanks for the info.

Dont get me wrong they burn out - but i have had more for well over a year, and thing with LEDs. on most of them - if one bulb burns out, they all stop working - kind of like christmas lights.

And they absolutely do not get hot - and definetly almost made some dude crash on his bike once....and yup they are against the law, basically anything that isnt amber is. so your gonna have to take that risk if you plan on driving with them on.

Hey, what kind of neons are those? I don't know much about anything, but I adore how they look behind the grill.

Is that just one neon?

Those neons look nice. Do you actually drive with them on or just when you're still? I'd be so tempted to drive with it on.

Back