LED BUlbs

So i got some LED bulbs from V LEDs.. for my tail lights (Parking and turn signals) they are to be the best all around in the market.. i got the high power ones at 49.00 a pair.. I got in today and have been installed. Just waiting to get dark and some pics.

Can you show some pics of them in the tail light housing when they are on, and when you press the brakes?

you should get pics when its BRIGHT out, because LED's typically arent as bright durring the day.

this bulbs are very very very bright... i can say that if you see them directly they kinda hurts ... they do light up the housing and they are very bright during the day and night.. i have had several led bulbs on my vehicles.. including oem led tailights (2009 maxima) and i can say these are as bright as those. I will try to get a video uploaded in youtube..

laredotexas, did you have to put an in-line load resistor in place? If so, how did you wire it? Thanks.

how much current does the LED light drain as compared to the bulb that it replaced?

After switching to the LED bulb.. did you notice a change in the blinking frequency?

I remember in older cars, those old blinker modules use the
filament of the bulbs as part of the circuit. You actually notice if a bulb is busted because the turn signal blinking will go much faster than normal.

I'm not sure how it works with the mazda5. maybe they are using electronic
blinker modules..

how much current does the LED light drain as compared to the bulb that it replaced?

After switching to the LED bulb.. did you notice a change in the blinking frequency?

I remember in older cars, those old blinker modules use the
filament of the bulbs as part of the circuit. You actually notice if a bulb is busted because the turn signal blinking will go much faster than normal.

I'm not sure how it works with the mazda5. maybe they are using electronic
blinker modules..

i had to add ballast resistors to my protege because of the fast blinking

i added the resistors on the turning bulbs only.. you dont need them for all other bubls.. i will try to go out side and upload some pics and if possible a video. be back soon..

did you have any problem with them fitting into the stock sockets, because i have some for reversing and they are not fitting into the stock sockets.

what size bulbs did you go with for the turn (front and rear) and the backup? Do you need 4 resistors (one for each set of turn bulbs) or only 2 (one for each pair - front and rear?) Where did you add the resistors? Did you get the resisitors from v-LEDs?

2 RED 7443 V-LEDS 7W HIGH POWER 20 LED BRAKE LIGHT BULBS 7440
$49.99

Product Rating
4.9 stars
(8 Ratings)

you only need one resistor x bulb *only turn signals to avoid the fast blinking.. or the burn bulb msg on your dash**

Hey guys,

I was actually thinking of replacing both front and back turn signals to LEDs, but I was wondering about having to add resistors myself.

www.v-leds.com is offering a pair of 6 ohm resistors (so each bulb will need a resistor) and 3 ohm resistors (so each side, i.e. 2 bulbs, will need a resistor). http://www.v-leds.com/BlinkerWarning-Fix/Turn-Signal-Fix/sc132275//page/1/checkForLanding/true

Autolumination also sells resistors in both 3 Ohm and 6 Ohm forms
http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

I'm thinking about just getting the 3 ohm resistors so that I'll only need 2, but I'm not sure exactly where to put them, or if there's even any room to put them anywhere since the taillight housing and front signal light housing is so small. Any ideas?

Hey guys,

I was actually thinking of replacing both front and back turn signals to LEDs, but I was wondering about having to add resistors myself.

www.v-leds.com is offering a pair of 6 ohm resistors (so each bulb will need a resistor) and 3 ohm resistors (so each side, i.e. 2 bulbs, will need a resistor). http://www.v-leds.com/BlinkerWarning-Fix/Turn-Signal-Fix/sc132275//page/1/checkForLanding/true

Autolumination also sells resistors in both 3 Ohm and 6 Ohm forms
http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

I'm thinking about just getting the 3 ohm resistors so that I'll only need 2, but I'm not sure exactly where to put them, or if there's even any room to put them anywhere since the taillight housing and front signal light housing is so small. Any ideas?

on my protege, i stuck the resistors on a blank panel in the trunk and ran wires to the signal wires. on the 5, you could probably find a bare spot under one of the panels in the back. it might take some digging, but i think you could find a place.

one other thing for those that are replacing their tail lights: on my protege, i needed in also install a resistor on the tail light circuit in order fro the cruise control to work properly. i would double check your cruise operation after installing the led tail light bulbs to make sure it still works correctly. if the only thing you change is the tail light bulbs to led, and the cruise STOPS working, thats probably why.

Thank you for the inspiration.

It will be interesting to know how the tail light affects the cruise control.
This will be my homework. I will read the wiring diagram and find out.

Questions arise like, if my tail light is busted, does it mean my cruise control
will not work properly?

Thank you for the inspiration.

It will be interesting to know how the tail light affects the cruise control.
This will be my homework. I will read the wiring diagram and find out.

Questions arise like, if my tail light is busted, does it mean my cruise control
will not work properly?

most likely. and it may not be redily identifiable from the wiring diagram. on the protege, the cruis module monitors the brake light circuit for voltage and current. if it senses a change, it disables the cruise.

Back