Kumho Victoracers

xelderx

Zoom Zoom Boom X 3
I just ordered a set of Victoracers for AutoX. 205/50-15 for my 626 rims. My next autoX is on May 2nd so we'll see what kind of improvement they make on my times. I hope it was $600 well spent.

well, you will improve your time easily by 2 seconds for sure. have funs with the slick tire. those victoracer grips like no tomorrow :)

h4tor1 said:
well, you will improve your time easily by 2 seconds for sure. have funs with the slick tire. those victoracer grips like no tomorrow :)
Awesome. I really hope so. I've been running on my 18 inch heavy Exel rims with Parada Spec 2's on the front and Nankangs on the back. I'm only a little over 1 second behind the lead STS car here locally (an old Civic hatch). I'm ready to bring home some trophies for the Proteges.

nice, you will kick ass there. make sure you warm the tire before you really push it. the warmer the tire, the more crazy it grips. have funs with the slick

You can't run an "R" compound tire in STS I hate to tell you. Unless your STS target is just something you are shooting for time-wise. BTW if they start to get cupped on the outside from stock camber problems I've flipped mine on the rims once they are half worn out and all the tread design is gone, and is doesn't hurt the tire. Helped me get more life out of them when I was running H-Stock and could use them. Now I run STS and have to put up with these grease-ball Falkens everyone was raving about. <sigh>

you should have a lot of fun with those R tires, unless they catch you redhanded with them in the STS class ;)

but what the hey, run what you brung! (even if it bumps you up to a higher class! lol)

ZoomZoomH said:
you should have a lot of fun with those R tires, unless they catch you redhanded with them in the STS class ;)

but what the hey, run what you brung! (even if it bumps you up to a higher class! lol)
Well crap...now what class am I in?...

Yeah, it sucks. they used to have STR, like STS but R compounds allowed. The SCCA is following a disturbing trend in My Humble Opinion. They are making classes for every possible car/modification combo, maybe they don't want Any Losers for Self Esteem reasons. Used to be "Stock" (nothing modded), Street Prepared (a little modded up), Prepared (a LOT modded), and Modified (anything goes). Now we got Street Mod, Street Mod 2, Rookie, Novice, Street Tire, etc etc. What are they affraid of? Competition makes everybody Go Faster! That's why they call it SelfEsteem.

i like the ST classes, because it allows people with basic bolt-on suspension mods to compete against each other instead of against much highly modified SP cars.

ST class is a good class for the casual competitors.

oh believe me, if there's a class available, there will be competition!

Last edited:
I was checking some past times for my car and where I would expect to be in different classes. I liked being in STS for more competition. There are about 7-8 STS cars locally and they run within a second or two of each other. There are only 3-4 cars in FSP and they have 3-4 second intervals between places. It looks like I'll still be a second or two off the fastest car in FSP. Darn VW Rabbit. We'll see next weekend.

xelderx,
just started to autox in ohio and my car is pretty much stock except for my intake. i was wondering what you did to your car suspension wise? Off topic but what ever.

orange330 said:
xelderx,
just started to autox in ohio and my car is pretty much stock except for my intake. i was wondering what you did to your car suspension wise? Off topic but what ever.
Tein S-Tech Spring
MSP Struts
MSP front swaybar
AWR 19mm rear swaybar w/ adjustable endlinks
Alignment set to 0 degrees of toe all the way around...maximum negative camber all the way around.

ZoomZoomH said:
if you're just starting, get yourself used to driving amongst cones first, then talk mods.
BAH! Whatever! :p

Though it will surprise you how fast a good driver is in a stock car over a done up car (with an inappropriate tune for auto-x) with a lousy driver. I know from experience! :(

Back