Krown Rust-proofing

SilverCX-5

2021.5 CX-5 GT Silver
I have other cars in my family rust-proofed with Krown and the product has been working for us, no question about that. However, our older vehicles don't have the level of technology and all the sensors that come with our new 2021 CX-5 GT.

My concern is the sensors will get sprayed on and the protective oil film may reduce the sensors&camera ability to monitor the car and the surrounding environment. Anyone has rust-proofed with Krown or similar products, please share your experience.

I have a 2018 (with GT package) that I had Krown applied since I purchased the vehicle. No issue to date with any of the electronics but, keep mind the 2018 MY doesn't have quite as many electronic gismos as the newer models.

Most, if not all sensors should be located on areas of the car that they/you shouldn't be spraying anyway, i.e engine, exhaust, braking system, front grille, etc.

Haven't used krown.. but used fluid film.. the 2018 already has alot of undercover panels and fender liners in place.
So instead of removing the panels and liners I just supplemented the uncovered areas with fluid film. Sprayed any part of the exposed wheel wells, undercarriage, spring seats, rockers, and in crevices, etc. If notice that the area under the panels starts rusting, will start to fluid film the whole undercarriage in the future, but for now, should be pretty protected from salt corrosion.

A competent shop won't be spraying near your engine, near your braking system or on your exhaust, etc.

Should be nothing to worry about.

And don't forget ... No auto car washing the undercarriage until spring/ summer. Unsure about krown, but FF needs reapplied every year or two.

Thank you all for your replies.

With 3 vehicles in the family I have also sprayed on my own as DIY so I have used Fluid Film, Corrosion Free and KL73. KL73 is light and runny, it is Krown's product for farming and commercial equipment. Fluid Film and Corrosion Free are thicker and stay on longer, visibly. I usually dilute these 2 products with KL73 for my cheap spray gun to work easier. Krown makes a point of spraying electrical connectors and batter terminals so that part is fine. My concern is the electronic devices sending/receiving radar signal may become impaired if they get covered in oil. I will ask Krown this question and update this thread.

Thanks for the assurance. Someone on a CX-30 forum has his krown'ed and he did not complaint. His GT trim came with similar electronic gismos to CX-5 GT trim.

I have a 2018 (with GT package) that I had Krown applied since I purchased the vehicle. No issue to date with any of the electronics but, keep mind the 2018 MY doesn't have quite as many electronic gismos as the newer models.
Just wondering your opinion of Krown so far? I didn't get it sprayed on for this winter but I want to do it next winter. I just stuck with the traditonal style rustproofing and thorough washes of the undercarriage/wheel wells. Did it keep your 2018 clean and rust free so far?

Just wondering your opinion of Krown so far? I didn't get it sprayed on for this winter but I want to do it next winter. I just stuck with the traditonal style rustproofing and thorough washes of the undercarriage/wheel wells. Did it keep your 2018 clean and rust free so far?
So far so good. No rust to be seen. I plan on getting the annual application done at the end of March. The only thing I have recently noticed is that the rubber gasket running just underneath the front of the hood is starting to sag a bit. I’m not too sure if it is being caused by the Krown or was originally this way. When the Krown is applied the dealer is suppose to treat the rubber gaskets with silicone for protection and perhaps they missed this one?

So far so good. No rust to be seen. I plan on getting the annual application done at the end of March. The only thing I have recently noticed is that the rubber gasket running just underneath the front of the hood is starting to sag a bit. I’m not too sure if it is being caused by the Krown or was originally this way. When the Krown is applied the dealer is suppose to treat the rubber gaskets with silicone for protection and perhaps they missed this one?
I usually sprayed the door rubber gaskets with silicone the day before going to Krown.

Latest posts

Back