Koni Yellow Sport + H&R springs question

steviekfc

Hey guys.
I just purchased this setup and was wondering what else I needed to complete the set up correctly the first time as I will be taking it to a shop to be installed. For example bumpstops that I can purchase? Ive seen people buying replacements for the rears but what about the fronts?
Also Im guessing camber arms would be a good thing to do at the same time yes?
Thanks everyone.

I would go ahead and do the camber arms at the same time, as far as the bump stops go you can just trim the factoy ones down, or you can get some shorter stops, but trimming them would be the best solution IMO

You should depending on the mileage on your car also change out the strut bearings for sure, they are made of plastic and seem prone to fail...mine were pretty much done at 40K when I put my Koni/HR setup on it. As far as the bump stops you WILL need to replace the fronts for sure as well since they take a heavy beating on these cars, both of mine were cracked and I'm easy on my car. If you need rear replacments I have a set of FatCats left from my set up thats going to be going up for sale if your interested let me know via PM.

As for rear camber arms...you DON"T need them, I put SPCs on there but even with them lowered the car was still able to be dialed in without from what my alignment guy told me so save your money.

Hey guys.
I just purchased this setup and was wondering what else I needed to complete the set up correctly the first time as I will be taking it to a shop to be installed. For example bumpstops that I can purchase? Ive seen people buying replacements for the rears but what about the fronts?
Thanks everyone.

I don't own a Speed of course, but as you can see from my sig I am running the H&R's and Yellows. I also put in the SPC adjustable arms and 27mm rear RB bar w/AWR adjustable links in the rear, which you shouldn't need. The Speed OE's are said to be HD enough to handle it.
With the arms, you can dial out some camber so your rear tires will not wear as unevenly. W/O them, there is no camber adjustment in the rear. I highly recommend them. I had mine set to -1*/0" toe and my rear tires are much happier now.

You should depending on the mileage on your car also change out the strut bearings for sure, they are made of plastic and seem prone to fail...mine were pretty much done at 40K when I put my Koni/HR setup on it. As far as the bump stops you WILL need to replace the fronts for sure as well since they take a heavy beating on these cars, both of mine were cracked and I'm easy on my car. If you need rear replacments I have a set of FatCats left from my set up thats going to be going up for sale if your interested let me know via PM.

As for rear camber arms...you DON"T need them, I put SPCs on there but even with them lowered the car was still able to be dialed in without from what my alignment guy told me so save your money.

You still have the FatCats available?

yes I do still have the rear FatCats available. PM me if your in the market for them.

Hey guys.
Thanks everyone.

Hey steviekfc

How did you go with your install?

I'm about to get the yellows to match my H&R too. Waiting on the fatcats to arrive.

Did you have problems installing the fatcats?

I read mixed things and not sure what to expect.

On the order page of fatcat it reads:

"For those who wish to retain the bump stops inside the front strut mount or rear upper shock mount, a user on the Mazdaspeed Forums came up with a clever solution, inserting sections of a 1 1/2" PVC pipe coupler between the bump stop and shock mount. Gorilla Glue can be used to retain the coupler to the mount but we don't recommend gluing the bump stop to the mount itself as the material needs flexibility to compress during operation"

http://**************************/forum/f12/fat-cat-bumpstops-halp-78035/#post812318

Did you have to do anything like that?

any advice would be great! Thanks!

Back