kind of odd CX-9 vs CX-7

bond007taz

:
Mazda CX-7
I happened to click on the wrong forum and I went into the CX-9 forum, it seems they are all about the 08's. It seems like people are waiting for the 08's so they can trade their 07's in. I dont think I have seen anyone post anything about trading their CX-7 in for an 08... thought that was kind of interesting...

wait... If the '08 CX-7 had a removable cup holder, i might trade in my CX-7... LOL :D

No changes as far as most of us know with the 08 except for a little leniency with the fuel requirement..

i think in partial it's because they are getting the slightly bigger v6 from the 3.5l 263hp version to the new 3.7l 273hp engine, that plus a few additional changes are making it more attractive than the 07' models.

wait... If the '08 CX-7 had a removable cup holder, i might trade in my CX-7... LOL :D

oh the 07's cupholders are removeable... takes a few screws and a tug on the back of the armrest but the cup holders pop right out..just don't pay attention to the excess plastic covers and armrest attached (freak)

As a CX-9 owner and a fromer owner of a MSP, I feel the 93 Octane gets a bit expensive. I also like the larger room available with the CX-9 when hauling around all the gear that a 4yr old and a 9 month old require. I'm looking to buy another car for myself that will remain parked most of the time (company vehicle) and a CX-7 or MS6 are going to be leading the list of options.

I would have traded my 07 CX-7 in for an 08 if they had offered new colors. I *really* want that dark blue that they offer for the CX-9. I think it'd look awesome on the CX-7, and I'm not happy with my silver metallic (it's too gold-looking). Oh well, maybe in 2009...

I was disappointed about blue coming with black leather for '08, but after my experience with this vehicle I'd never own another one anyway.

I was disappointed about blue coming with black leather for '08, but after my experience with this vehicle I'd never own another one anyway.

The Electric Blue with Black Leather was available for the '07. I know because mine is. I was rethinking if the Sand Leather is better. The black is nice if it's clean...dust is very prominent with the black.

The Electric Blue with Black Leather was available for the '07. I know because mine is. I was rethinking if the Sand Leather is better. The black is nice if it's clean...dust is very prominent with the black.

There's downsides to both. While dust may show up on the black when it isn't clean, over time, the sand will not wear as well... dirt build-up and stains (even just from wear-and-tear) will be more visible.

Look at ANY tan leather seats that are a few years old and you'll know what I mean. It's why I went with black.

With 2 children and a dog there's no way I'd go with a tan interior. Although very nice, black is still a better choice for me. It gets dirty yes but once you clean it it goes away and holds on better after a few years from my children's abuse lol.

I have no regrets buying the CX7, and I have no temptation to get a CX9--

My wife loves her CX-7 and has no desire to move up to a CX-9 either. If we need a larger car, I will get one but she can keep her CX-7.

Well, it wasn't in canada.

You don't like your CX-7 ?

It's not that I don't "like" it. I enjoy driving it. The engine is good, the power is nice, the handing is great for a heavy vehicle.

It's just all of the problems I've had with it would prevent me from owning another one.

The worst part is that mine doesn't qualify as a lemon, due to the nature of how lemon laws work, but it's damn close.

It's not that I don't "like" it. I enjoy driving it. The engine is good, the power is nice, the handing is great for a heavy vehicle.

It's just all of the problems I've had with it would prevent me from owning another one.

The worst part is that mine doesn't qualify as a lemon, due to the nature of how lemon laws work, but it's damn close.

Ouch!...Sorry to hear that. :(

There's downsides to both. While dust may show up on the black when it isn't clean, over time, the sand will not wear as well... dirt build-up and stains (even just from wear-and-tear) will be more visible.

Look at ANY tan leather seats that are a few years old and you'll know what I mean. It's why I went with black.

Thanks for making me feel better. I'm just a clean freak so anytime I see dust and/or scuff on the car, I get anxious LOL.

i think in partial it's because they are getting the slightly bigger v6 from the 3.5l 263hp version to the new 3.7l 273hp engine, that plus a few additional changes are making it more attractive than the 07' models.

Yeah, I think it's all about the engine. I haven't seen the specs yet--ten more horses? I think the torque bump is supposed to be more significant.

Very likely the number of people who actually trade will depend on how large the difference feels, and how much it costs.

Back