Keyless Entry System Problem

tyrellebo

:
MS6 GT
i'm not sure if this is a problem or if it's a feature of the system, but every now and then when i go to lock the door with the keyless push button on the door handle, it does the following:

1) one beep (lights flash once)
2) doors lock
3) two beeps (lights flash twice)
4) only trunk unlocks

then if i got to hit the button again to unlock the doors, the trunk locks and the doors unlock. sometimes, when i hit the button to lock.. it'll toggle the process a few times before stopping with the doors locked and trunk unlocked. anyone have any ideas? anyone else experiencing that same problem? it's very annoying parking the car outside, walking away and hearing the extra beeps and lock/unlocking noises. any help is appreciated.. thanks!

sounds like a def dealer prob...i dunno if you want to get into that kinda s***

yeah troo. i was just checking to see if others had this problem and know how it was fixed. i'll be taking the ms6 back to the dealers hopefully this w/e. thing is it doesnt always happen so i bet you they'll say there's nothing wrong with it and send it back to me. we shall see.

haha yea thatll be just your luck...but yea i have not had that prob, sounds like you arnt the first one tho with keyless entry probs but it seems like everyone with a prob like that is farther north where it is more cold...related?...dunno

I don't have that problem yet. I just drove it home 3 days ago from the dealer. :) On my last car I had a similar problem like that. Serv rep unplug car battery for 15 mins (to reset) and removed/put back battery from remote for like 10 sec and evrything worked fine after that.

Not sure if it will work on our MS6, but worth a try.

My only problem with the keyless system is sometimes my cell phone interferes with it, and sometimes it doesn't let me lock or unlock if my phone is in the same pocket as the key.

Back